Drum Macros Stay Nested Why???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swoozy

Drum Macros Stay Nested Why???

Post by swoozy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:05 pm

So in 9.7 I tried to reset up my default drop in drum rack how i used to before the new simpler but now whenever I drop samples on previously loaded cells, the default instrument rack gets nested in the previous cells chain. how do i fix this?

Stromkraft

Re: Drum Macros Stay Nested Why???

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:03 pm

swoozy wrote:So in 9.7 I tried to reset up my default drop in drum rack how i used to before the new simpler but now whenever I drop samples on previously loaded cells, the default instrument rack gets nested in the previous cells chain.
I don't follow. What is "reset up my default drop" supposed to mean? Does the drum rack contain instrument racks from the beginning? Are you dropping only samples really? Only? How in the world are you dropping them? I don't see what you're describing happening, so likely you're leaving something out.
Make some music!

swoozy

Post by swoozy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
swoozy wrote:So in 9.7 I tried to reset up my default drop in drum rack how i used to before the new simpler but now whenever I drop samples on previously loaded cells, the default instrument rack gets nested in the previous cells chain.
I don't follow. What is "reset up my default drop" supposed to mean? Does the drum rack contain instrument racks from the beginning? Are you dropping only samples really? Only? How in the world are you dropping them? I don't see what you're describing happening, so likely you're leaving something out.
meant to say re set up my defaults. got a new computer and so i'm recreating my custom default for the "dropping samples in drum rack". previously i set it up so dropping samples on a drum rack cell would load the sample into a simpler with macros mapped to attack, transpose, etc. now (using what i remember of that method) replacing samples that were loaded in the former way causes the new simpler+macro device to be nested in the previous device's chain Image

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:06 pm

swoozy wrote:previously i set it up so dropping samples on a drum rack cell would load the sample into a simpler with macros mapped to attack, transpose, etc.
This is what I did:
  • worked on an empty Simpler
  • Grouped it to an instrument rack
  • Made macros to all controls in the contained Simpler
  • Named this rack and saved under a name
  • Moved this rack preset to folder User Library > Defaults > On Drum Rack
Now when I add a sample to a drum rack pad, it loads into this racked Simpler as described above, also when replacing an existing Simpler with a previous sample. What are you doing different?
Make some music!

swoozy

Post by swoozy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Just realized I was mixing up the process of slicing defaults with drum cell defaults 8O :lol: thank !