Upgrade to Macbook pro 2015

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
nori.lam

Re: Upgrade to Macbook pro 2015

Post by nori.lam » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

yeah, I've looked and googled. They dont seem to have it here. I guess the market here is too small (?)
thanks though!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 pm

struknes wrote: with Apple you pay 25-40% extra for the brand. You can easily get a better equipped PC laptop for same price or less, although it won't look as great :) Or you can get a Surface Pro 4 for similar price, but it's portability is much greater and looks sleek.……
Which is reflected in retained second hand value. For some reason there are few problems getting rid of a five year old machine. I wonder why? :mrgreen: (not really)
struknes wrote:
Macs are overrated.
No, Macs are not overrated. But it's true Apple have been slacking. There are great PC machines, no doubt. Some of them (desktops usually) even can run macOS!
struknes wrote:
I've got a Macbook Pro 2013, but I like my PC better. I just built my first audio PC a few weeks ago using pcpartpicker.com, and it's excellent. i7 6700K, 16GB of RAM, Z170-P ASUS motherboard, Windows 10, Gold Standard 750 Power Supply, two SSDs at 250GB each (one for the OS, other for audio files), and the entire price tag? $1300.
Well, that's a cheap price for a laptop PC. Except, that's a desktop right? The OP asks for a macbook/laptop.

Now, this is what I call a potential music PC laptop. Might need some some CPU adjustments, possibly. Price tag? It's not shipping yet, so not a serious suggestion really. And Ableton would have to fix the 4k problem on Windows first.

However, the project does indicate the existence of specialized PC laptops. There exist also music laptops. They're not cheaper than MacBooks necessarily, but darn interesting.
Make some music!

Chuku

Post by Chuku » Fri May 19, 2017 5:18 pm

I found a new deal which is MBP 2015 3.1 ghz i7 processor with 16 gigs of ram and 512 ssd which is just 100$ more than to buy a new one base model.. the sellr is giving me one week check time warrenty because its a used one... hope everything goes well

Thank u all for your decent replies..
Cheers

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Great, and good luck!