G3 Mac & Omni-studio (with Live)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
coolpillows

G3 Mac & Omni-studio (with Live)

Post by coolpillows » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:21 am

I just got Live bundled with M-Audio's Omni-Studio breakout box & Delta 66 card. Everything appears to be installed, but when I ran the drivers for the card, it said the drivers were for G4 macs. I'm not sure if this is backwards compatible to fools like me, and the nice guy at the store seemed to know his stuff. is it possible this won't work, no matter what? or is it just that i can't record b/c i don't know what i'm doing. strangely enought, the driver installation went off w/out an error message saying, can't install on a G3, so I'm hopeful.

M-Audio doesn't have a bbs and I'm not ready to wait until the store opens back up so I can call the guy who sold this to me. Thanks in advance...i can't wait to record.....

cheers....

koranek

Post by koranek » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:43 am

M-Audio doesn't have a BBS, but they do have a website with drivers you can download. They also have pretty good tech support, so you might also try calling them. Besides, it wasn't crystal clear on the best way to set up the Omni and the Delta drivers. Maybe you can get tech support to help with that. Live Delta is very cool, and if you're like me, you'll be itching to upgrade to the full version.

John K.

coolpillows

Post by coolpillows » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:13 am

John -

Problem solved, thanks to M-Audio's tech support. I just had the Ins 1/2 button depressed in the back. Still trying to work out a lot of other little things, but we have signal and we're putting in tracks & loops. I might upgrade or we'll see for now.

thanks again.....

-lee