Push pedal ports

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
StewD

Push pedal ports

Post by StewD » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 am

There have been a number of posts on the pedal ports for the Push in regards to what works, the polarity and assignment to additional options other than sustain:
Assigning footswitch ports?
Sustain Pedal Polarity
Problems with sustain pedal port on Push. It's reversed?

I would like to see the following implemented:
1. A software option to reverse the polarity of the signal at either port
2. The ability to assign the signal at either port to a range of different controls - sustain, tap tempo and record toggle being the obvious ones.

Hope someone is watching? 8O

kanelbulletaxen

Re: Push pedal ports

Post by kanelbulletaxen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 am

+1 on this one
bought a pedal with hope of using it to enable session record and just as pointed out it only works as sustain in port 1...
i want to use my pedal to punch in and punch out when overdubbing in note mode and drum rack mode

PLEASE fix this as it is very strange that port 2 just does nothing outside of user mode

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:08 pm

+1 I was under the assumption I'd be able to hit record with a foot pedal.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am

I'd love if you could actually connect a expression pedal to FS2, so to send continuous CC messages between 0 and 127, as opposed to only 0 and 127.

I just hope that this can be resolved within a software/scripting update, and is not restricted by the physical components within the switches.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

Jove

Post by Jove » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm

+1 for that. Looking forward for some news about this issue. Any official Abletoner around here maybe?

[sih]

Post by [sih] » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am

Hey guys, the 9.1 beta might interest you.

This is from the beta release notes:

"The second footswitch input now allows to control clip recording: A single tap triggers Push's record button. A double-tap triggers Push's "New" button."

You can sign up for the 9.1 Beta (as long as you have a Live 9 license) for free here: ableton.centercode.com

Please provide all feedback, bugs and feature suggestions via that site so that we can track them properly!

As for switching foot pedal polarity, if you depress the pedal while connecting it, this will invert the polarity in most models (otherwise check with the manufacturer of your particular device).

inMiscare

Post by inMiscare » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with my Push 2 Expression Ports.

They seem to trigger random cc controls/parameters like swing amount, master volume and internal patch controls...totally random!

This is very annoying and it is occuring with other pedals too.

Any suggestions before i take the Push 2 to warranty?

Ableton 9.7 - Push 2 - MBP 2015 El Capitan - UAD TB DUO

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm

As far as I know, Push 2 has NO expression ports! One is momentary for sustain and the other for record punch in out and activate recording.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

NeonBlackCat

Post by NeonBlackCat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Resurrection this old corpse and it's for the Push 2 even:

+1 to this!

Despite not being a cheap pedal, my double pedal doesn't have a switch and the "trick" from the manual of plugging it in while pressed doesn't work at all. Sustain is on full midi 127 when resting and midi 0 when pressed down.

Native Instruments and other companies have added polarity switchers in their controller-software for years, but since Ableton doesn't have such, why not add a menu-item to Live directly where the user can do all kinds of controller editing.

This is really a nuisance that could easily be edited out with a firmware update Ableton Support!

Thank you!
Cat

Ralf Suckow

Post by Ralf Suckow » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:58 pm

Expression Pedals now supported for Push2 (requires Max for Live):
https://sonicbloom.net/free-push-2-peda ... -for-cats/