Launchpad S: Is there a way to map four zones to Instruments

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
inception8

Launchpad S: Is there a way to map four zones to Instruments

Post by inception8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I just bought a Launchpad S and I'm wondering if there's a way to divide|split what I would call four zones into 4 different instruments for use in Ableton. This would be for User 1 Mode.

Leftside lower 16 drums/instrument
Leftside upper 16 for instrument (ie. pad)
Rightside lower 16 for instrument (ie. lead)
Rightside upper 16 for instrument (ie. bass)

I can't for the life of me figure out how I would or might go about doing this if possible.

Any help with this would be great.

jestermgee

Re: Launchpad S: Is there a way to map four zones to Instruments

Post by jestermgee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm

There may be a script to do it but without one it's not possible to do what you are asking with just the LP.

I believe in User mode you can use a strip of pads to act as a CC control but it's been many years since I bothered with anything more than launching clips with the LP.

inception8

Post by inception8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks anyway. There may be a way around it using samples and pages (something like that) or I'll have to dig deeper in searching.

Edit: I can't tell if Launchpad95 can do something like this the way it is now.

An interesting scenario would be you have another external keyboard you're playing but you'd like to have access to a VST you have in the Live session for your left hand so it's not leaving the pad surface.

But I suppose the same thing could be done with a USB Midi Keyboard changing Channels (on the keyboard) on the fly if you have them set in the Session for each instrument.

inception8

Post by inception8 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 pm

To give a better visual representation of what I was looking for or hoping to find on how to make this happen: