Software modular for using with push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
KuzmaKuznetsov

Software modular for using with push 2

Post by KuzmaKuznetsov » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 am

Good day!

Maybe somebody know is there interesting software modular synth (vst or m4l)
that can be effectively controlled by push 2 for using within real-time performance?

Have a nice day!

scheffkoch

Re: Software modular for using with push 2

Post by scheffkoch » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:51 pm

KuzmaKuznetsov wrote: Maybe somebody know is there interesting software modular synth (vst or m4l)
that can be effectively controlled by push 2 for using within real-time performance?
I didn't try it yet. VCV Rack

The "effectively controlled by" part is likely on yourself mapping how you want it, either as usual inside Live or using a tool like Ubermap or Preditor.

Edit: So found out now this is standalone only at the moment. So control would have to go over the MIDI bus as this was an external instrument, if CC is possible at the moment. Also the output would have to be rerouted into Live. Possible to do likely, but some work needs to be done. Maybe an instrument to follow and explore at the moment.

A MFL device may of course be potentially more integrated and you should probably check out the MFL synths OSCiLLOT, Bengal or the semi-modular Pallas. Again, I haven't tried these and I'm not fond of MFL synths myself, but I think Instruments should be listened to and explored for what they are in reality for sound and not left to some precognition.

Personally, what I use is the semi-modular Aalto, the perfect balance between "digital" and analog to me, and Reaktor which can be used like a virtual modular in many ways.
Make some music!

KuzmaKuznetsov

Post by KuzmaKuznetsov » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Thank's a lot!

Some of that synths I didn't try yet!

If somebody knows something else,
write it, please!

Have a nice day!

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Max's built in Beap Modular is good fun. If you've got max4live you already have it.

KuzmaKuznetsov

Post by KuzmaKuznetsov » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am

twisted-space wrote:Max's built in Beap Modular is good fun. If you've got max4live you already have it.
!!! It is amazing! Thank's a lot! I'll learn it!

For everybody who interested with:

1. Download & Install: https://github.com/stretta/BEAP/wiki/BE ... nd-Install
2. First steps: https://modulatethis.com/2016/08/23/bea ... -for-live/

Have a nice day!