Push 2 - QC and build quality

Discuss Push with other users.
Tarekith

Re: Push 2 - QC and build quality

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 pm

The inside of the Push2 case has all the signatures of the team that designed it at Ableton. There's also a miniaturized footprint of the office dog included :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItWQdJgXLs

Starts at 2:45, dog print is in the lower left corner.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

:lol: awesome!

you can see the paw clearly if you paws the video at 2:55 :P

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm

spagbol wrote:My apologies everyone for my attitude. Bad last couple of days.
Point taken. Many thanks everyone.
I hope to be like you when I’m tossing around some negativity and get called on it. It’s not when someone’s right that you learn the true character of a man, it’s how they react when they’re wrong. You’re the real deal and fine example for the rest of us, no joke.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

H20nly wrote::lol: awesome!

you can see the paw clearly if you paws the video at 2:55 :P
8)

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am

2 paws?? Or what is that next to it??? Front and back paw?
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:05 am

Machinesworking wrote:
spagbol wrote:My apologies everyone for my attitude. Bad last couple of days.
Point taken. Many thanks everyone.
I hope to be like you when I’m tossing around some negativity and get called on it. It’s not when someone’s right that you learn the true character of a man, it’s how they react when they’re wrong. You’re the real deal and fine example for the rest of us, no joke.

I learnt playing cricket when i was (alot) younger that one should be as graceful in defeat as in victory. I try not to do ego, seems kinda pointless when we aint running around trying to catch and kill animals for like the last few years. I mean, most people at my age couldn't even run around the block without having a heart attack. And anyway, its just words....sticks n stones n all that jazz.
Thats not to say that im not ace.........cos i am (well you have to be your own biggest fan right?)

Yea, anyway its just as nice to get back that you recognise my apology. Thanks for doing that, that says a lot about you too.

Im being used and made to feel guilty by some people in my life at the moment, so when 2 screws fell out the back of my Push 2, well you know, my world kinda fell apart for a couple of hours and i had to vent my spleen.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

spagbol wrote:2 paws?? Or what is that next to it??? Front and back paw?
two paws definitely! I'm thinking first and last 'name'! :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am

spagbol wrote: Im being used and made to feel guilty by some people in my life at the moment, so when 2 screws fell out the back of my Push 2, well you know, my world kinda fell apart for a couple of hours and i had to vent my spleen.
Understood! just received a USB 3 hub from Amazon delivery, soaked all the way through the packaging into the freaking box the hub is in.
My front porch isn't covered, I live in the same dammed rainy city Amazon is from, they 100% should know better. I have a covered side entrance, no excuses. Called em up, made it clear I'm pissed, hopefully the drivers actually pay attention to the delivery instructions now. And this is a $30 hub, not a $800 controller, so a get you for sure! :x :x :x

(Oh and I made it clear to the person on the phone I didn't blame them personally) :x :x

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 pm

spagbol wrote: Im being used and made to feel guilty by some people in my life at the moment, so when 2 screws fell out the back of my Push 2, well you know, my world kinda fell apart for a couple of hours and i had to vent my spleen.
Mate it's perfectly understandable given these are $800 odd controllers. It's not pocket money.

If the screws fell out because of cracked or broken screw threads in Push i'd be livid if it was not my fault but if they just were not tightened up from factory it's actually a common thing especially mass produced stuff, I use to work (among many places) in a manufacturing plant doing screws and even though you are counting in your head constantly the screws you do, humans have the disadvantage of being humans. I have also received some electronics that have had screws loose inside forcing me to open it up and fix it before it shorts something, just be thankful if it is just a case of an untightened screw.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I believe it is just bad screwing in China...... :lol:
I had a similar thing happen with a gen 1 MacBook Pro, as someone mentioned Apple earlier in this thread. The version that had the AMD combined graphics card. Assembled in China, the heat sink paste was basically slapped on willy nilly, instead of using the correct amount which resulted in the incorrect heat transfer, which resulted in the laptops combined graphics card failing. I opened it up, cleaned it, placed the correct amount of heat paste on.....managed to eat out anther 6 months of life out of it before it really started to die, certain keys on keyboard failing, graphics failing, random shutdowns. Eventually i decided not to turn it on anymore, but i still have it for whatever reason.

I believe a bunch of people also believed there was a design flaw, which no one owned up to, neither AMD or Apple.
I think some versions of this laptop had Nvidia cards, and whoever had one of those was rightly given some kind of recompense from Nvidia, as they admitted there was a design flaw.

So yea, its not the first time I've experienced investing into a reasonably high end product where something just doesnt seem correct, so perhaps this explains my caution/annoyance/outburst.

You would have thought i would have stayed away from Apple after that, but i went ahead and bought a Mac Pro instead (late 2008 version), which is still going strong (apart from RAM burning out, which i must say the High CPU spikes from Live 10 give me the heaby jeebies at the moment).

I would never ever buy an Apple laptop ever again, or an iPhone for that matter. Apple desktops were always decent though, especially for music.
But saying that, once this tower goes, ill buy a 5.1 version Mac Pro.

But yea, China......mass manufacturing. I had a Motorola phone way back, one of those flip phones, before 3g and all that. You would not believe what that phone went through, I used to slap the flip part on tables and stuff when id finished a call, to close the flip. I dropped it in water a number of times, it even fell into a fire and for the lulz i stood and watched it burn for 30 seconds or so, took it out the fire, still worked. I think the phone was about 4 years old at this point. Then one day as i was sat on a friends couch, the phone was on the arm of the couch and i accidentally knocked it off with my elbow onto the soft deep shag pile carpet and it exploded into tiny pieces..........man did i laaarfff!!!! I think that was made and assembled in the USA though.

I know its just the world we live in today, but i guess i just don't believe we have to always accept that world lightly.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 pm

spagbol wrote:I had a similar thing happen with a gen 1 MacBook Pro
First generation, therein lies the problem. I'm pretty much in the complete opposite opinion as you are about desktops VS laptops when it comes to Apple.
The Laptops, specifically the mid range* 15" macbook pros are built really well, and last forever. The desktops are in a sort of limbo. The Mac Pros are super engineered, but designed like the laptops etc. not as customizable as they should be. Tim Cook claimed a year or so ago that Apple would be putting out a completely redesigned 'modular' Mac Pro, it hasn't come out yet though.

The 2009 and above towers are still good deals, but the 5,1 models only have a little time before OSX doesn't support them anymore, so I would think about it. Personally I would at this point in time get a pre soldered in SSD macbook pro 15" i7 with the next to the top processor and 16GB RAM if I was searching for a new computer. You can always run Vienna Ensemble Pro on a PC dedicated to hosting CPU pig VSTs if it runs out of juice sometime in the future.

*Mid range CPU because it's less likely to have heat issues than the top range. Plus the spike in power generally isn't worth the price difference.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
spagbol wrote:I had a similar thing happen with a gen 1 MacBook Pro
First generation, therein lies the problem. I'm pretty much in the complete opposite opinion as you are about desktops VS laptops when it comes to Apple.
The Laptops, specifically the mid range* 15" macbook pros are built really well, and last forever. The desktops are in a sort of limbo. The Mac Pros are super engineered, but designed like the laptops etc. not as customizable as they should be. Tim Cook claimed a year or so ago that Apple would be putting out a completely redesigned 'modular' Mac Pro, it hasn't come out yet though.

The 2009 and above towers are still good deals, but the 5,1 models only have a little time before OSX doesn't support them anymore, so I would think about it. Personally I would at this point in time get a pre soldered in SSD macbook pro 15" i7 with the next to the top processor and 16GB RAM if I was searching for a new computer. You can always run Vienna Ensemble Pro on a PC dedicated to hosting CPU pig VSTs if it runs out of juice sometime in the future.

*Mid range CPU because it's less likely to have heat issues than the top range. Plus the spike in power generally isn't worth the price difference.
Finally someone who actually knows his shit. No shit attached. Thank you.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:23 pm

im too pissed to comment further atm.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 am

Id be surprised though if 5.1 will lose support in the next 5 years.
My Mac 3.1 has only lost support with the last update. Its 10 years old, but thats a good lifespan.
I would imagine the architecture of the 5.1 means it will still by its design be supported in the next 5 years.
I guess it would be better to judge that when they bring this new 'modular' mac out. Which does sound interesting.

Sober now:D