Live 10: can't find built in lessons anymore...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Echolalia

Live 10: can't find built in lessons anymore...

Post by Echolalia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Hiya people,
Just upgraded to Live 10. Am I going crazy or has the built in lessons list at the bottom of the help view disappeared? Cant find them anymore; anyone else have the same issue?

[img]IMG_20180318_141517871_HDR.jpg[/img]

Gifplaat

Re: Live 10: can't find built in lessons anymore...

Post by Gifplaat » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:49 pm

It is still in the bottom left for me! (click at the > symbol so it will show up)

Echolalia

Post by Echolalia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:55 am

Hi,
thanks for the reply but I think that is the 'info' view. I'm referring to the help view when you click on help view from the top of the screen and a column appears on the right with stuff like 'A tour of Live' etc. I would attach a screen shot but can't work out how to attach one to a post on this forum.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Echolalia wrote:Hi,
thanks for the reply but I think that is the 'info' view. I'm referring to the help view when you click on help view from the top of the screen and a column appears on the right with stuff like 'A tour of Live' etc. I would attach a screen shot but can't work out how to attach one to a post on this forum.

I still see the lessons View. However I think they might have got rid of a whole bunch of lessons. I can’t find the midi controller reference anymore.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:12 am

it seems that you can only open the Lesson view from the Help menu now...

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi there,

The missing lessons are coming back with the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
cheers
j.
Ableton Forum Moderator

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Here's some details if you don't want to wait for the next version of Live....

In Live 10 (as of 10.0.2b4), the ClyphX Pro Lessons category will not show up by default. This is due
to the lessons structure not being completed as of yet in Live 10. You can workaround this by
modifying a file within Live. Once you modify this file, you'll access the ClyphX Pro Lessons by
clicking on Packs at the home page in Help View. Note, however, that this doesn't resolve another bug
where the formatting of text within lessons is not handled properly thus making the text a bit more
difficult to read.

At any rate, here's how to apply the workaround:

– On Windows, go to:

ProgramData\Ableton\Live 10\Resources\Builtin Lessons\TableOfContents\DefaultToc Lessons

– On OS X, go to Applications, find the Live 10 app, Control-click or right click on it and select

Show Package Contents. Then go to:

Contents/App-Resources/Builtin Lessons/TableOfContents/DefaultToc Lessons

Within that folder, find the Lessonsxx.txt file corresponding to your language. For example, for English, you'll use the LessonsEN.txt file. Within that file, find the line that reads:

$Link Packs.png <Lesson:Internal/AutoToc>

Change that line to:

$Link Packs.png <Lesson:Internal/BuiltinAutoToc>

jimmyjamz

Post by jimmyjamz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm

S4racen wrote:
I still have Live 9 Suite installed, and would like to access all the lessons in the 'C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\Builtin Lessons'
ANy ideas on how to accomplish this inside Live 10?

I tried a few hacks without any luck.

I guess i could always just launch live 9 , lol. :D

Gifplaat

Post by Gifplaat » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

I didn't know that there was built in lessons! Well, I guess there is always the good ol' youtube..

Echolalia

Post by Echolalia » Thu May 17, 2018 9:25 pm

S4racen wrote:Here's some details if you don't want to wait for the next version of Live....

In Live 10 (as of 10.0.2b4), the ClyphX Pro Lessons category will not show up by default. This is due
to the lessons structure not being completed as of yet in Live 10. You can workaround this by
modifying a file within Live. Once you modify this file, you'll access the ClyphX Pro Lessons by
clicking on Packs at the home page in Help View. Note, however, that this doesn't resolve another bug
where the formatting of text within lessons is not handled properly thus making the text a bit more
difficult to read.

– On Windows, go to:

ProgramData\Ableton\Live 10\Resources\Builtin Lessons\TableOfContents\DefaultToc Lessons

– On OS X, go to Applications, find the Live 10 app, Control-click or right click on it and select

Within that folder, find the Lessonsxx.txt file corresponding to your language. For example, for English, you'll use the LessonsEN.txt file. Within that file, find the line that reads:

Change that line to:

Oh great, so im not going insane after all. Thanks for the heads up :)

infinitystairs

Post by infinitystairs » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 pm

S4racen wrote:Here's some details if you don't want to wait for the next version of Live....

difficult to read.

– On Windows, go to:

Change that line to:

Now that Live 10 is out of beta, should this still be broken and require this work around? I'm on Live Suite 10.0.2, and I can't find the Lessons for ClyphX Pro. About to apply this hack.... :?

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Lessons (Help View) in Projects have nothing to do with this thread...

To show the lessons/help for projects you loaded that have those, click "Help" in the menu bar then "Help View".

For Packs, right the Pack and click "Show Default Lesson".
♥♥♥

skotterz

Post by skotterz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 pm

by the way, do note the date of this post. this hack still must be applied on 10.0.5 - also the 1.1.5 version of the ClyphXpro user manual doesn't include this information yet either. :evil:

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

skotterz wrote:also the 1.1.5 version of the ClyphXpro user manual doesn't include this information yet either. :evil:
Page 43

Cheers
D

tomgoulding

Post by tomgoulding » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Got the new version of Live yesterday and I can't see the built-in lessons anymore.

This seems so weird? Also that hack didn't work for me unfortunately....

Any update on how I might get the lessons?