Freeze file from another set 'in use' when I try to delete

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jimmynitcher

Freeze file from another set 'in use' when I try to delete

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 am

Hi

I am trying to free up some desk space and I found a set that was essentially a sketch pad for another, since completed set under another name. The completed set has been self contained. I tried to send the sketch pad set to the trash (while the completed set was open) but when I hit delete I get the warning that one of its freeze files are 'in use' - I don't see how this can be possible. The only way it seems I can test this is to close the completed set and try deleting again but then if it deletes I might be missing something.

Unless freeze files are always 'in use' whenever you try to delete them?

thanks

Stromkraft

Re: Freeze file from another set 'in use' when I try to delete

Post by Stromkraft » Fri May 11, 2018 2:59 pm

jimmynitcher wrote:Hi

I am trying to free up some desk space and I found a set that was essentially a sketch pad for another, since completed set under another name. The completed set has been self contained. I tried to send the sketch pad set to the trash (while the completed set was open) but when I hit delete I get the warning that one of its freeze files are 'in use' - I don't see how this can be possible. The only way it seems I can test this is to close the completed set and try deleting again but then if it deletes I might be missing something.

Unless freeze files are always 'in use' whenever you try to delete them?
I'm confused. Are you trying this from the "Manage Files" area? If you do this in the set you want to keep, then follow up this with a "Collect All and Save" and you should be able to just delete that other set/project.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

jimmynitcher

Re: Freeze file from another set 'in use' when I try to delete

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri May 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Yes thanks I've done that - I realise its confusing sorry its a difficult situation to describe!