MIDI Default Problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alexthorpswain

MIDI Default Problem

Post by alexthorpswain » Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I accidentally saved one of my 808 drum kits as my default MIDI, and now I don't know how to reset it back to just a plain MIDI clip, this is a problem because I can't use samples as they are without them converting into one of my drum kits! Please help :(

Stromkraft

Re: MIDI Default Problem

Post by Stromkraft » Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 pm

alexthorpswain wrote:I accidentally saved one of my 808 drum kits as my default MIDI, and now I don't know how to reset it back to just a plain MIDI clip, this is a problem because I can't use samples as they are without them converting into one of my drum kits! Please help :(
Set up a MIDI track as you want it for when creating a new and Right click in it and "Save as MIDI default".
Make some music!

alexthorpswain

Post by alexthorpswain » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
alexthorpswain wrote:I accidentally saved one of my 808 drum kits as my default MIDI, and now I don't know how to reset it back to just a plain MIDI clip, this is a problem because I can't use samples as they are without them converting into one of my drum kits! Please help :(
Set up a MIDI track as you want it for when creating a new and Right click in it and "Save as MIDI default".
I tried to but it won't even allow me to do that. For example it just says "808 Drum Kit" at the top of every new MIDI I open and I cannot find where to change it back to just the regular MIDI. :'(

Cuica man

Post by Cuica man » Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 am

Just delete instrument from 808 midi track and change name of track and then save as default