Bounce In Place (Bip) in Live, out today!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Valiumdupeuple

Bounce In Place (Bip) in Live, out today!

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 pm

I'm very glad to let you know that bounce in place in Live is now a reality, and a simple one-click action!

Oh Yeah!
Last edited by Valiumdupeuple on Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stromkraft

Re: Bounce In Place (Bip) in Live 10 out today!

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:39 am

Valiumdupeuple wrote:I'm very glad to let you know that bounce in place in L10 is now a reality, and a simple one-click action!

Oh Yeah!
Great. I certainly don't get why it seems you're using resampling when you could record PostFX directly from the track, With resampling don't you pick up what you have in the master track as well as all other treatments on the signal path to there? Then post-recording this is once more reapplied. Odd choice.

Can you choose direct recording instead?
Make some music!

daizok

Post by daizok » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:09 am

Valiumdupeuple wrote:I'm very glad to let you know that bounce in place in L10 is now a reality, and a simple one-click action!

Oh Yeah!
Thanks VDP, nice one! :)

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:17 am

Stromkraft wrote:

Oh Yeah!
Great. I certainly don't get why it seems you're using resampling when you could record PostFX directly from the track, With resampling don't you pick up what you have in the master track as well as all other treatments on the signal path to there? Then post-recording this is once more reapplied. Odd choice.

Can you choose direct recording instead?
Hey Stromkraft,
This choice is to allow multiple tracks recording. But I could think of adding a post fx option.

vanhaze

Post by vanhaze » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Yes, please ! :D
Rob van Hees
Macbook Pro 15", 8 Gig Ram, Mavericks 10.9, Novation Impulse, Maschine MKII, Live 9.1 (latest beta 64bit), Logic Pro X 10.04, Protools 11.02, just too many plugins.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote: But I could think of adding a post fx option.
That would make this a hit for me. I use a lot of busses, aux'es and master track devices/plug-ins (head phone and other adjustments) that I do not want recorded into individual tracks. Thus I almost never use re-sampling.

Great work! Thank you!
Make some music!

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
That would make this a hit for me. I use a lot of busses, aux'es and master track devices/plug-ins (head phone and other adjustments) that I do not want recorded into individual tracks. Thus I almost never use re-sampling.

Great work! Thank you!
Now implemented in v1.1!
Thanks for your input.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:

Great work! Thank you!
Now implemented in v1.1!
Thanks for your input.
Man, you are amazing. 2€ is a steal for this nicety. I'm so happy I got MFL when I went from Suite to Standard too, this January.
Make some music!

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Haha lucky you, fortunately you can give more if you want!
:wink:

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi there, new update. Customers should automatically receive the update (by email) soon.

New in v1.2:
- the device could work unexpectedly if the -EnableArmOnSelection option was active in Live’s Options.tx
- added a Live 9 version (separate device), it should even work in Live 8 (but I haven't tested).

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Hey guys got 1.3 bip and running latest 10.1.3 live, but bip/live has started crashing on me instantly every time I go to use it?

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Sureno wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm
Hey guys got 1.3 bip and running latest 10.1.3 live, but bip/live has started crashing on me instantly every time I go to use it?
Hey Sureno sorry to hear that... Do you mean that it just started crashing since the L10.1.3 update?
When does it crash? When inserting the device or when triggering it?

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 am

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:28 pm
Sureno wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm
Hey Sureno sorry to hear that... Do you mean that it just started crashing since the L10.1.3 update?
When does it crash? When inserting the device or when triggering it?

Hey, I have BIP as an integral part of my default template so It’s already inserted (although I have re is inserted it successfully) it only happens when triggered. As far as I’m aware since the last update but can’t quite guarantee that, I only say that because I use it in every project and it only feels like last week it was working fine then boom, started crashing on trigger

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:54 am

Hey Sureno,
Does it happen when triggering the "resample" button (white one), the "Bounce" one (yellow), or both?
I can't reproduce here on the latest L10 version.
Did you add any other M4L device in your template recently? Or any new midi controller, midi remote script, or anything you can think of?
After opening your template, go to BiP, right click its title bar and select "open Max window" and let me know if you find something in here.

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:48 am

It crashes Ableton on both resample and bounce buttons. And it wont let me recover the session as when it re opens it just crashes again. Come to think of it I did install the new softube console 1 fader system alongside my existing console 1? I will open up max today as soon as I get a second
Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:54 am
Hey Sureno,
Does it happen when triggering the "resample" button (white one), the "Bounce" one (yellow), or both?
I can't reproduce here on the latest L10 version.
Did you add any other M4L device in your template recently? Or any new midi controller, midi remote script, or anything you can think of?
After opening your template, go to BiP, right click its title bar and select "open Max window" and let me know if you find something in here.