GoodKeys is addition that extends a list of hotkeys in Ableton Live. New keyboard shortcuts relieves a mouse, an interaction with the application becomes easier and faster, new functions appear.
- navigation between view sections (set a focus to Browser, Clip View, Arrangement, etc.)
- fast jumping to the next clip or track
- controlling mixer parameters of the selected track or the rack chain: volume, panning, etc.
- changing parameters of the selected clip: gain, pitch, loop brace position and length
- exact changing velocity of selected notes
- mouseless access more interface buttons.
Peculiarities of navigation between views (Alt+Arrows): when opened only main Live window, then the first pressing (for example, Alt+Down) will open a view section (Detail View) and will set the focus to it. Repeated pressing this combination will hide the view. If in addition to the main window is opened a Second Window, layout will be strictly defined: in the first window will be placed Detail View, and the second window will be assigned for a Session/Arranger.
F1..F8 keys control parameters of selected track or rack chain. For example, to decrease volume of the track, you have to press F5, and F6 to increase. Pressing F6 key while holding F5 set level to 0 dB if the current level is less than 0 dB, and set to 6 dB if the current level is greater than 0 dB. Pressing F5 key while holding F6 set level to 0 dB or to +∞ dB (demonstration). Other adjusters controlled similarly. Mute (F1), Solo (F2) and Arm (F3) button is also available for pressing. F1..F8 keys with Alt modifier allows adjust send levels, with Ctrl key – allows making a fine adjustment or additive soloing/arming (Ctrl+F2/Ctrl+F3), and with Shift – same parameters of current rack chain, or adjustment of selected clip parameters, if Clip View displayed instead of a chain.
Together with default Ctrl+Shift+M hotkey added a more convenient option: Insert key.
Full list of hotkeys
Ableton Live 9.1–10.0. Operating system: Microsoft Windows. No special hardware requirements.
- Download and unzip the file.
- Copy “GoodKeys” folder to the folder
%PROGRAMFILES%\Ableton\Live <version>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\
- Launch Live.
- Open application preferences, go to the tab “Link/MIDI” and select “GoodKeys” in “Control Surface” list. A black icon with letters “Gk” will appear in the notification area.
- Enjoy! And don’t forget that already exists many useful keyboard shortcuts in Live.
- GoodKeys 1.3.3 (02/05/2019) (453 KB)
- GoodKeys 1.2.2 (08/01/2017) (458 KB)
- GoodKeys 1.1.1 (03/22/2016) (590 KB)
GoodKeys hooks system messages and performs low-level window management. Therefore, it happened that your antivirus will apprehend this program as malware. For example, it was the case when a normal launch has been blocked by Avast antivirus, moreover without any notification. If your GoodKeys don’t work (in the notification area does not appear icon), and GoodKeys.exe process hangs in memory and not terminated, try to add the program to exception list of antivirus, and then restart a computer.