Anyone have unresponsive automation points in Live 10?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Royalston

Anyone have unresponsive automation points in Live 10?

Post by Royalston » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:47 am

I'm used to dragging automation points around accurately since....live 7. In live 10 (on mac) I click on an automation point and try and drag it but nothing happens- it fights the mouse...I keep moving the mouse....then all of a sudden the point moves too far! It's a massive problem (for me at least)...I can't edit accurately at all.

Support told me to switch to pen tablet mode - which fixes the problem somewhat, but then you're in the wrong mode for your screen and scrolling doesnt work :evil:

Anyone else experiencing this?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have unresponsive automation points in Live 10?

Post by [jur] » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 am

Did you try deactivating the "snap automation to grid" (maybe not the exact name but you get they idea)? It's in the Options menu.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:57 am

Can you not also just hold ALT to enable "free move" modifier and prevent snapping while dragging? That's what I do anyway.

Royalston

Post by Royalston » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:38 am

Thanks for the replies - to clarify- it’s not actually ‘snapping ‘ that’s bugging me - it’s like the point doesn’t move or respond to my mouse moving, unlike all other controls in ableton . I grab the point and move the mouse but the point stays stuck until it suddenly releases- by comparison, any other fine control on a vst or even the volume fader in live doesn’t behave like this; my mouse is great for fine detail control. It’s behaviour I never encountered before live 10 and I’ve used live 7hrs a day for the last 10 years at least! (Which is why it’s so frustrating). I’ve tried taking a screen grab video to show support but i’d need a camera on my mouse to show the lag properly.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 am

But if you hold ALT first then start dragging your point is it ok? If so then it is the snap feature which tends to keep it locked to a point until you move far enough from it and also will be affected by the grid resolution so if either ALT or disabling grid fixes the issue its the snapping, otherwise i'm not sure