Massive x - presets not loading and then crashing live!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wildcon

Massive x - presets not loading and then crashing live!

Post by wildcon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi There,

Anyone having a problem with Massive x and Live 10?

I can load the plug-in but none of the presets will load and when I delete the plugin it crashes live :(

Massive x working perfectly with Logic, so it must be something to do with Live.

Thanks
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

number1_japan

Re: Massive x - presets not loading and then crashing live!

Post by number1_japan » Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm

Bump. Exactly the same problem for me.
No changes to the my machine at all. No installations or uninstalls. Any tracks I load that have massive X running take an extraordinary ammount of time to load and once loaded all the instances of massive X are set to the same sound. If I try to go to the interface ableton crashes immediately.

Xaetis

Post by Xaetis » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:34 pm

I'm getting this exact same issue, I moved over a project from my old computer both with Ableton 10 using the 'Collect all and Save' option. Moved it over and now all the massive X instances that are already in the project don't play audio. Changing the preset within that patch or deleting the instance crashes Ableton. Loading a new instance onto a new track works fine, it is just the ones that are already there from the save.

This project save and all massive X instances work perfectly on my old computer so I don't understand why this is happening.

I have the latest version of the synth and the factory library on my new PC. However, Native access says that my massive X instance needs repair on my old PC and my Kontakt library has an update. Despite this, the version that is out of date and 'needs repair' works and the fresh install does not.

ludande

Post by ludande » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Hello - Hello

I have the same 'problem' Massive-X do not recognize the 'change preset' ( bank, Sub, Pgm). very annoying
FM8, Massive and all VST do that .... except MASSIVE-X.....
I hop this can be added asap by NI.

regards,
Cesare
Laptop HP Dual-Core 2.33 / 4 Gb RAM / HD 7200RPM
Windows XP / Live 8.05

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Xaetis wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:34 pm
I'm getting this exact same issue, I moved over a project from my old computer both with Ableton 10 using the 'Collect all and Save' option. Moved it over and now all the massive X instances that are already in the project don't play audio. Changing the preset within that patch or deleting the instance crashes Ableton. Loading a new instance onto a new track works fine, it is just the ones that are already there from the save.

This project save and all massive X instances work perfectly on my old computer so I don't understand why this is happening.

I have the latest version of the synth and the factory library on my new PC. However, Native access says that my massive X instance needs repair on my old PC and my Kontakt library has an update. Despite this, the version that is out of date and 'needs repair' works and the fresh install does not.
Quite likely you have a duplicate of massive x on your system somewhere.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

skyjamessmith99

Post by skyjamessmith99 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:00 am

Hey man I have been trying to figure this out for months thank you so much for the tip!!!!!!