Using multiple Midi-Controller (with scripts for Ableton) to control the same functions?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DavidzH

Using multiple Midi-Controller (with scripts for Ableton) to control the same functions?

Post by DavidzH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello all together! :)

Unfortunately I haven't found an answer to my question yet. I am wondering whether I can use two midi controller with which I can control the same functions in Ableton. My plan is to use a Novation Launchkey and a Blackstar Live Logic Midi foot controller in my set up. Booth controller have preset scripts for Ableton to control the surface of Ableton e.g. launching scenes and stop and record functions. I need the foot controller since I am playing guitar and would like to start/stop the recording hands free. However I would still like to use the start/stop recording functions and the other functions of the Launchkey whenever I am playing with the keys.

Some more information: The Launchkey has a midi out and and the foot controller a midi out as well as a midi in.

So is it possible to use the preset scripts of both controller or do I have to choose with wich controller I want to start recording, launch scenes etc.?

Thank you very much in advance!

David

gross9978

Re: Using multiple Midi-Controller (with scripts for Ableton) to control the same functions?

Post by gross9978 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:46 pm

You can use both together. I have a few controllers with scripts and they all work fine.

DavidzH

Re: Using multiple Midi-Controller (with scripts for Ableton) to control the same functions?

Post by DavidzH » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Thanks for your reply!