Push beta update for Live 11.3.10b2

Discuss Push with other users.
Tarekith

Push beta update for Live 11.3.10b2

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:19 pm

For those of you participating in the Push 3 beta, a new update was just released.

Push - Bugfixes:

When using Hot-Swap Mode to swap an empty pad after swapping a non-empty pad, the browser will now open back in the same location it was open for the preceding, non-empty pad.
Fixed an issue that caused a message that Live crashed to appear when a new Push unit was first turned on or, in some cases, when turning on Push in Standalone Mode after shutting it down.
Fixed a bug that caused Live to hang when trying to recover an Intro edition demo Set after a crash.
Fixed an issue that made it seem as if Push was in recovery mode after a software update. Rebooting after a software update will now correctly trigger shutdown and startup animations.
Max for Live devices which use grab_midi and receive_midi now work correctly with Push in Control Mode.
When changing octave while a clip is playing in Note Mode, the pad feedback will now be updated immediately.

Updated Push firmware package to version 1.2.0:

The connect screen is now displayed on Push when Live is closed when using Push in Control Mode.
Improved reliability of pads when using low pressure.
It is now possible to use version 5.57 of the Windows audio driver.
Double triggers on certain drum hits are now suppressed.
Fixed an issue that caused the touch strip to get stuck.
Fix a bug that caused some firmware update failures.
Fixed a bug that caused the velocity curve to jump after connecting Push to Live.
Fixed an issue that caused double finger hits of non-drum MPE pads to be lost.
Fixed an issue where the external ADAT clock source was not working on macOS.
Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a Set with the Master track selected and pressing the Master Track button.

Push 3 Public Beta

jiggle

Re: Push beta update for Live 11.3.10b2

Post by jiggle » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:29 pm

Do you know if they are going to fix all the midi bugs it has?

Thank you for posting the fixes and letting us know

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:13 pm

Or the crash when you edit notelength with gridpads?

Thanks!

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:24 am

There are exactly zero new features in this beta. It really seems that Ableton will only fix bugs without implementing any missing functionality.

How's support doing? Still too busy to reply?

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:52 am

resequenced wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:24 am
There are exactly zero new features in this beta. It really seems that Ableton will only fix bugs without implementing any missing functionality.
yes, I hope they fix all the bugs quickly, because they're certainly going to want to fix all these problems before adding new features... (logical)
so we'll have to wait a little longer
and yet there are a lot of things to add... (especially on the midi side: program change, copy/paste notes in midiclips...)

altus

Post by altus » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:50 pm

Release notes mention Push driver 5.57, but it didn't install with the beta package. Where do you get this new driver?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:10 pm

Probably best to sign up for the beta test forum and ask there.

altus

Post by altus » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:01 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:10 pm
Probably best to sign up for the beta test forum and ask there.
I did, no response.

repeatle

Post by repeatle » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:47 pm

I did sign up for the beta and also got the mail about the latest beta. However, I'm not sure how to install.

If I click "settings" and software" on the Push 3 Standalone, it says it's up to date. The display reads Push 1.1.2 Firmware 1.0.69.
I assume this is the official version, but how can I access the beta version?

jroen

Post by jroen » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:18 pm

repeatle wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:47 pm
I did sign up for the beta and also got the mail about the latest beta. However, I'm not sure how to install.

If I click "settings" and software" on the Push 3 Standalone, it says it's up to date. The display reads Push 1.1.2 Firmware 1.0.69.
The instructions are on the project home page.
When you are logged in and on the Ableton HW page, in the top you have a drop down menu where you can find the documentation.

repeatle

Post by repeatle » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:05 pm

jroen wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:18 pm
repeatle wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:47 pm

The instructions are on the project home page.
When you are logged in and on the Ableton HW page, in the top you have a drop down menu where you can find the documentation.
Nice one, thank you! Found the info now at the centercode page :)

dodeca

Post by dodeca » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:37 pm

I can't get an answer from support, so figured I'd ask here.

Just got my Push, it refuses to update on device -- like, it processes the update, and then when it reboots it just hangs with the octave keys solid/breathing. After it couple of restarts, it'll revert to the older software (which was 1.0.1).

I signed up for the Beta site, and was able to sideload 1.1.1 official on it. However, from there, trying to update to 1.1.2 on device led to the same hanging issue. So it reverted to 1.1.1. I've also tried to sideload this latest Beta on it, and it has the same hanging issue.

It almost feels like the underlying OS needs to be re-imaged; but right now I'm within the 30 days and can't get answers from support. Wondering if I should just return, or if there's some other solution that I haven't tried?

aumrysh

Post by aumrysh » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:05 pm

MIDI external clock sync works! That was really throwing a wrench in the gears of some things I was trying to do.
dodeca wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:37 pm
It almost feels like the underlying OS needs to be re-imaged; but right now I'm within the 30 days and can't get answers from support. Wondering if I should just return, or if there's some other solution that I haven't tried?
Have you tried doing a factory reset after the firmware update?

medenine

Post by medenine » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:53 am

I get exactly the same thing often when updating, it just hangs on reboot. I did a factory reset once after saving all my stuff. I managed to manually update with the beta firmware, then was able to update directly. Then a few days ago it started crashing alot, wouldn't work properly at all so I reset it back to the ordinary firmware. I'm still getting some glitches, things were working, but it's crashing pretty often. Thought I'd try going back to the beta to see if it would work better but currently stuck trying to restart. I don't know what to do now.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:13 am

medenine wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:53 am
I get exactly the same thing often when updating, it just hangs on reboot. I did a factory reset once after saving all my stuff. I managed to manually update with the beta firmware, then was able to update directly. Then a few days ago it started crashing alot, wouldn't work properly at all so I reset it back to the ordinary firmware. I'm still getting some glitches, things were working, but it's crashing pretty often. Thought I'd try going back to the beta to see if it would work better but currently stuck trying to restart. I don't know what to do now.
Probably best to contact Support
Ableton Forum Moderator