Push standalone temperatur hot?

Discuss Push with other users.
JannisPablo

Push standalone temperatur hot?

Post by JannisPablo » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Is Push standalone temperatur hot?
In some german Tutorial Video the Guy means pusch is so hot that u can not use it on your knees wearing a short trouser?
Is that true?
How hot does it get?

And how much can you see outside on the display when sun is shining ?

Tarekith

Re: Push standalone temperatur hot?

Post by Tarekith » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:48 pm

It gets a bit warm, but for me it hasn’t yet gotten what I would call hot. The display itself is easy to see in the sun, but the pads can get a little washed out.

Just_Pierre

Post by Just_Pierre » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:16 pm

No, it's not a bit warm. It's really warm, too warm to put on your legs with short trousers.

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:51 pm

Not an easy question to answer. It seems like some users find it to hot to put on legs (like me) and some users find it not so hot. Could be because of different machines, preferences and/or surrounding temperature.

Just_Pierre

Post by Just_Pierre » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:09 pm

xeamus wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:51 pm
Not an easy question to answer. It seems like some users find it to hot to put on legs (like me) and some users find it not so hot. Could be because of different machines, preferences and/or surrounding temperature.
It's also that the Push 3 standalone needs good ventilation on the bottom, putting it on your legs may (partly) close the ventilation. I thinks it's made for putting it on a hard surface and that the Push 3 stands on his rubber feet, this way there is a small opening for ventilation.

bouke

Post by bouke » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:41 pm

I agree, I noticed the high temperature too.

jrjulius

Post by jrjulius » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:44 pm

I haven’t brought mine outside so I can’t speak to the brightness, but if you’re playing it on your lap then you should make sure your knees are apart and there’s space below the vents. The cooling design makes most of the heat radiate straight out of the bottom; if your bare legs are blocking those vents it’s going to get hot fast.

Also, it’s a black metal box, so if it’s in direct sunlight, it’s going to get really hot really fast. Make sure to sit in the shade!

Personally, the worst mine has gotten during regular use is “a little warm.” That’s going to differ based on how hard you push it, of course: with 6-8 tracks running stock instruments and a healthy number of insert fx, I would say it runs a little bit cooler than my Electribe ESX-1 and a little bit warmer than my MacBook Air M2.

Audivit

Post by Audivit » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:39 pm

After playing a 2 hours set with your friends in your backyard flip the Push upside down and grill some burgers on it.

And the party goes on!

elbows

Post by elbows » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:10 pm

They know it gets hot and thats why there is a large heatsink on the bottom of the standalone version, to get a lot of that heat away from the CPU etc.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:41 pm

It's just like having a kitty on the lap, but a little less fluffy.
Ableton Forum Moderator