BrAND New, I have no idea what im doing.....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rock of Sis-e-phus

BrAND New, I have no idea what im doing.....

Post by Rock of Sis-e-phus » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:08 am

im not at the stages of recording or anything, however, i have a lot of excess background noise in my recordings from key presses and breathing. i saw i need a compressor or a noise gate, but when i go to download the red 2 plugin it dosent add to the albeton live suite or DAW or something.......

how do i affect the live recording of my scarlet solo to reduce background noise and yet still get crisp audio from my mic.

Please help and thank you.

Also any resources to help me get started in set up to record, im trying to do a basic capture card for video and splitting the mic output to 2 pc's. ive been setting this up for a week now, and my head hurts :(

i got everything to work except this excess noise capture in my audio.....................

Tarekith

Re: BrAND New, I have no idea what im doing.....

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:22 pm

I’d start here to learn how to use Live:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/learn-live/

Greenapples2019

Re: BrAND New, I have no idea what im doing.....

Post by Greenapples2019 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:21 pm

Background noise will, in part, depend on the mic type (cardioid, condenser etc.) but in general keep the gain low on the scarlett and get really close to the mic. Check the mic's recording pattern to see where it will pick sound up from and putting it in an acoustically dead space will also help e.g. closet, coat cupboard.