Push 3 Standalone in the controller mode randomly switches off the screen and restarts.

Discuss Push with other users.
vitaliistep

Push 3 Standalone in the controller mode randomly switches off the screen and restarts.

Post by vitaliistep » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:17 am

Hey guys,

Is this known issue or my Push 3 Standalone has to be replaced?

Issue reproduction steps:
  • I've installed Live 11.3.20b5, updated Push to 1.1.20b5 (I'm currenty Push Beta participant, created a bug for the issue as well: PUSH3BUG-00410)
  • Put Utility module on Master to mute it
  • Created 2 audio tracks (MASTER BUSS and LISTEN BUSS)
  • Routed Master to MASTER BUSS track (Pre FX, Sends Only)
  • Routed MASTER BUSS track to LISTEN BUSS track (Post Mixer, Ext Out)
  • Added Max Live Solo Safe module to MASTER BUSS and LISTEN BUSS
  • Insterted SoundID Reference and Realphones VST3 plugins to LISTEN BUSS track
After these steps in the controller mode it starts randomly switching off the screen and restarting. All buttons on Push are still functional.

You can witness the issue here, Push restarts every 5 minutes or so and the screen is always black: https://youtu.be/fTvPqwA7FBk

I've used the device very little so far, like 3-4 hours in total, so I guess there is something wrong with the hardware.

By the way it was happening on the main Live and Push software realeases as well, so it's not the Beta issue.

Thanks,
Vitalii

P.S. I've alreafy reported it to the support.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Standalone in the controller mode randomly switches off the screen and restarts.

Post by [jur] » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:59 am

Could it be related to SoundID and/or Realphones somehow?
Did you try running a session without those?
Ableton Forum Moderator

vitaliistep

Re: Push 3 Standalone in the controller mode randomly switches off the screen and restarts.

Post by vitaliistep » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am

[jur] wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:59 am
Could it be related to SoundID and/or Realphones somehow?
Did you try running a session without those?
Just tried to remove SoundID and Realphones VST's (never have had problems with them in Cubase, Pro Tools or Studio One though), turned on Push afterwards and there is still the same issue I've described anyway, so there is another reason.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Is it happening with any type of set, or only when you route tracks this way?
I didn't notice before that you were using the M4L Solo Safe device. Can you also try without it please.
Are you using the stock USB-C cable? Is it plugged directly to your computer, or via a hub?
Ableton Forum Moderator

vitaliistep

Post by vitaliistep » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm
Is it happening with any type of set, or only when you route tracks this way?
I didn't notice before that you were using the M4L Solo Safe device. Can you also try without it please.
Are you using the stock USB-C cable? Is it plugged directly to your computer, or via a hub?
Thank you, jur.
Yes, it was because of connecting it via a hub. They should put much longer cable in the box, if it's so picky :) USB C to USB A adapter also would be a nice addition.