Speaker on button / Midi mapping / IAC driver

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
johnclark

Speaker on button / Midi mapping / IAC driver

Post by johnclark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:02 pm

Hi,

I saw the video of will dagget (https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=DL9sFvuJ ... e=youtu.be) and around 35 minutes he's telling us how to do looping in your arrangement mode. I’m trying to improve his system a bit. I want to activate/desactivate the "speaker on"/activation button of one midi track automatically as a song is playing (so I don't have to reactive manually the "looping" mode in the next song for instance.

For this purpose, I'm using a midi clip with a specific note on another midi track linked to the IAC driver in/out. I've mapped the note in the clip with the "speaker on" of the other track. But when I quit midi map mode, I can't activate the speaker on button of the target track no matter what (playing the midi clip or directly pressing on it) it stays off. Whereas, if I use a key mapping to activate/desactivate the speaker on button, it works fine (as Will does in the video). Finally, the key map trick doesn't work anymore if I try the midi clip solution at the same time.

If I midi map the second clip to solo button of the target track (instead of activation button) it works fine. So is there a special behaviour of the activation button of one track which prevent midi mapping it ?

You’ll find below a screenshot of what i’m trying to do.

Thank you.Image

jbone1313

Re: Speaker on button / Midi mapping / IAC driver

Post by jbone1313 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:39 pm

This is very similar and possibly the same fundamental problem as what I posted about here:

viewtopic.php?t=248971
Sonoran Music Devices
Monsoon (a chord track for Ableton Live) and other devices are available here:
https://sonoranmusicdevices.gumroad.com/

johnclark

Re: Speaker on button / Midi mapping / IAC driver

Post by johnclark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:19 pm

thank you but I've found the answer to my question. It was a midi preferences configuration problem :
IAC Driver In : check remote only
IAC Driver Out : check track only
Remote and track were both checked for in and out and therefore the switch on the speaker on button wouldn't work properly. I still don't understand why the activation/desactivation of the solo button was working find though.