Ableton Wavetable changing sound randomly and get random click-sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
.marc.

Ableton Wavetable changing sound randomly and get random click-sounds

Post by .marc. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi together,
I'm searching for this topic some hours now and don't find anything that helping me out (changing the wavetable to "hi-qual.." don't worked for me.
I can reproduce this problem again and again and its noticeable every time.

Before I spread the problem, please find anything you want to maybe know before - Test Workspace:

- Fresh MIDI Channel
- Fresh Wavetable -> set to "hi-quality"
- one Note is set and is looping (only this 1 note)

Problem:
Now you can use whatever you want. Check also the frequency-spec. you can see, that the spec. is changing randomly. for my understanding that I absolute wrong. it must be every time the same! the best to check it, is to have an eye on the higher frequencies. it goes from low to high with random steps.

Maybe I'm to stupid for this, but if anybody can tell me, how it is possible to get every note the same sound without random stuff... PLEASE TELL ME!

Thanks
Marc

.marc.

Re: Ableton Wavetable changing sound randomly and get random click-sounds

Post by .marc. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:57 pm

Ok, I think I found one thing, that does it a bit better... Before I had it in "MONO". Here you can see the problem. If I change it to Poly, it worked better.... BUT is not the sound I want...

I think it is not the solution. But at first I can work with it...

yur2die4

Re: Ableton Wavetable changing sound randomly and get random click-sounds

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:16 am

Is it perhaps Aftertouch? For some reason I’ve noticed that Wavetable responds to Aftertouch by default when using the default. But what you’re describing could be something completely different. Just offering that as a possibility