Possible to trigger multiple clips at once?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rEalm

Possible to trigger multiple clips at once?

Post by rEalm » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:51 pm

Is there a way to trigger more than one clip at a time without using the Scene launch button? Or better yet, exclude certain clips in a scene from being triggered when using the Scene launch button, but not permanently?

IE, I have 10 clips in my scene, but I only want to trigger 8 of them at once, and still have the ability to trigger the other two later on.

Credo

Post by Credo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:15 pm

Why dont make 2 scenes?
You can let the clips at scene 1 run by removing the stop symbol (the little sqare you find at all empty clips) at scene 2 (those that are below the running clips), with cmd+E

Does this solve your problem?

C

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:34 pm

Yeah, that was my other option, I'm just trying to avoid more scenes if I can, my live set already has close to 50...

Re: Possible to trigger multiple clips at once?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:26 am

rEalm wrote:Is there a way to trigger more than one clip at a time without using the Scene launch button? Or better yet, exclude certain clips in a scene from being triggered when using the Scene launch button, but not permanently?

IE, I have 10 clips in my scene, but I only want to trigger 8 of them at once, and still have the ability to trigger the other two later on.
Yes you can (since live 1.0): selecte the clips you want to fire (1 per track, does not have to be in one scene, use "Mouse & Ctrl" to add any clip/slot to selection) and hit return to launch.

best regards, reiner

batty13

Post by batty13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a similar solution but want to launch a group of clips as one clip from my apc40/launchpad etc. I have three VST's that are playing the same part as a big thick evolving sound set. So in a live situation it's just one sound and clip. I would like to be able to trigger all three clips with just one clip. So I could in theory, have the "extra's" moved to the far right of the apc/launchpad out of site as there are only so many clips that one can see without shifting left and right. This too is something I wish to avoid. So by having just one clip launch all three, I can have that one clip in the left view and the others to the far right but in Ableton they are grouped if that makes sense?

For example in the below diagram, Thick pluck 1 clip would also launche the grouped TP2 & TP3 clips! Possible?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Thick pluck 1 | drums | bass | sub bass | pads | lead | arp | T-Pluck 2 | T-Pluck 3 |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and yes, I could make another scene like below, but I would like to avoid this if at all possible,
I feel a new scene really is more of a new scene rather than builds and breaks of the same existing scene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_
| X | drums | bass | sub bass | pads | lead | arp | x | x |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!!

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Clyphx.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Does exactly what you think it should...

http://isotonikstudios.com/launchsync-series-exclude/

Cheers
D

batty13

Post by batty13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Perfect solutions S4racen and infernal.machine, thanks for those!

Ryan_DJ LOCO

Post by Ryan_DJ LOCO » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:39 pm

I will continue to read these replies. On that note, we're all interested in Ableton Live. My question is what is the most effective way of automating LFO tools? In other words I will likely trigger multiple LFO tools at once when I figure out how to do so.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:48 am

I'd open a new thread instead.
Cheers
D