Referee whistle

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
VRN

Referee whistle

Post by VRN » Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I am working on a project, which relates to sports and wanted to add a referee whistle sound here and there. Searching the net reveals tons, but nothing really suitable - at least not a a reasonable price. Does any of you know of a nice plugin or sample collection of good referee whistle sounds? I am mainly aiming for some football (soccer) sounds. I don't mind paying if quality and utility is high.

Best regards,

>V<

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Referee whistle

Post by [jur] » Sun May 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Imo you should simply buy a whistle and record exactly what you need when you need.
It’s not like learning a new instrument 😋
Ableton Forum Moderator

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon May 20, 2024 10:19 pm

I agree with jur, buying one shouldn’t be expensive and then you can get exactly what you want. As long as you can keep any mic line noise down on your recording, a whistle is so loud you’ll have the benefit of having to turn it wayyy down.

Still, when I need a good sound effect in a hurry, I often go to https://freesound.org/
Just be careful, not all of the files there are royalty free, but a huge portion of them are. Each one should have that indicated though. There’s info about that on the homepage

VRN

Post by VRN » Sat May 25, 2024 4:40 pm

Thanks guys!

Sure, buying a whistle and DIY is an obvious solution. I was just amazed that this was not readily available and was indeed in a bit of a hurry. Managed to find something good-enough-ish though and tweaked it with EQ and Reverb until it was fine for the purpose.

Best regards,

>V<