fatal error with old drivers

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
RoundpeaR

fatal error with old drivers

Post by RoundpeaR » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:39 pm

hi everybody.

i've live 1.1 and a wamirack24.

5 days ago i've installed new wami drivers (3.5) but they were a true tragedy!! :cry:

so

i reinstalled the "old" 3.1 drivers.

now my "live" crash if i try to configure with asio drivers. (and my pc also crash!!)

i tried to reistall Live but the problem is the same

i can't reinstall new drivers because they absolutely don't works

how can i do to resolve this problem?

please help me, in a few days i've my most importan live exibition!!! :o

thanx

Post by Guest » Tue May 14, 2002 10:54 am

For these kinds of scenarios, I always keep a "disc image" of the last working configuration. If you're actually performing with your computer, you're bound to use this concept, otherwise you'll go through what you're just experiencing. I'm afraid there is no other advice I can give you as I don't know the card... Plus, as everyone knows, Windows drivers are installed all over your system, so you never know where they hide.

Look in your system under the audio interface, which will give you info on the name of the driver files. Make sure you make a note of all of them. Then either use the hardware driver remove tool or just remove it from the device list. Now look if all of the drivers you took a note of earlier are in fact gone... if not, maybe you should try deleting them in the explorer... This is what I would do , with no guarentee of it working!
Then you re-boot and install the old drivers..
good luck