Can anyone get this damn thing to work right?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
katmeho

Can anyone get this damn thing to work right?

Post by katmeho » Fri May 24, 2002 1:16 am

I mean, does anyone have Live 1.5 working properly? I have been fucking around w/ system optimization, updates, ASIO vs. mme/dx and all that and I still cant get Live to just play one of my tracks w/out some sort of regular hiccup or dropout (like every 16th bar) happening sometime during the session....I really want this app to work and I swear, it doesnt....and I cant find anyone w/ a setup that stands alone and they can take to gigs w/out having to worry about Live getting all pissed and glitchy....

Sony Viao GR370
Win XP (optimized per forum help)
PIII 1.13 GHZ
512 MG RAM
EMI 2|6 - abandoned because it is shit.

:evil: :evil: :!: :cry:

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2002 9:46 am

okay, 'll give it a try.
I've got a similar setup,

toshiba P3 1.1GHz, 512 MB RAM runnin' winXP.

First I must say mine works PERFECTLY (except registration), and I've played about ten shows so far.
Okay, at first i re-installed f*# WIN XP, without all the shit, ya know, movie maker, picture it, messanger, all internet-appz...and that stuff.
I got my system tweaked by a friend who knows his way around. I remember him saying that a couple of hints in the forum optimization help aren't really that good, depending on hardware that is.
So try getting specs about your hardware and compare 'em with the optimized settings (if they can handle it). Another guess would be your grafix-card. shared-memory-cards aren't good.

Hope this could help,
Cheers
ischo

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Fri May 24, 2002 11:00 am

katmeho,
I'm sure now that ischo told you how great his setup works you're even more pissed off ....maybe you should download sisoft's Sandra software which is a system information gathering and configuration thing that lets you know all the details of your system and gives you hints on how to improve performance (if you've got shared memory graphics there shall not be much to improve in that area though.... it is always advisable to stay off these)

maybe some hints on the tech info at www.rme-audio.com will help, as well as http://www.musicxp.net/ and the xp setup pdf at www.tascam.com

cheers

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2002 2:49 pm

Cool,
thanks for all the input. Ill work on tweaking the OS again. Does anyone have better luck with Win2000 vs. Win XP?

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri May 24, 2002 10:35 pm

Hello katmeho,

concerning the problems you have with Live feel free to contact me directly (see email below) because if you can't get just playing some soundfiles, Live is absolutly unusable for you and that's not that we want.

Mabye it's a bug of Live, maybe it's operating system related or something between....
However, we should try to figure out what the problem is.

regards,
Alex