Leeds UK live users

Promote your gigs or events.
dpmtl

Leeds UK live users

Post by dpmtl » Sat May 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi.

There's the poss of an open mic night for dj's in the leeds area. Any live users who are interested please post.

It's about promoting talent in the leeds area

Any feedback i get i can take to a meeting about it next week.

Cheers.
I mix my tunes with wood spoons

stealth1

Post by stealth1 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:37 pm

I live in Manchester, but could take a road trip to Leeds for a DJ slot... :wink:

I'm in the process of sorting an ableton night out here in Manchester, all styles but mainly breaks, house, techno, drum n bass, hip hop, la la la... whatever whoever wants to play really.

Would also be cool to get a few of us hooking up and having workshops where we passed ideas on and learnt from each other. what do you think?

Peace

dpmtl

Post by dpmtl » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Wow! It's not looking too hot in leeds right now. Apart form the weather that is hot!!!!!!!!!!8O

Cheers stealth1. Main man is kind of busy right now with a new member to his family. I thought there would be more people than 1 guy in manchester though!lol

I think it's only going to be for leeds users as it is about promoting talent in these parts. I like the idea of the workshops though. Have you got anything going yet? pm me with any info.

I'll post back in a few days but any leeds users post if your interested in getting your stuff out there and heard by a wider audience. If you know the primrose it's the same people that are involved in that. But this is going to be for music of the electronic persuasion.

Just post. Do it 8)

Later

dpmtl
I mix my tunes with wood spoons

dan aktivix

You still there?

Post by dan aktivix » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Allo

I guess you'll get e-mailed if I post to this, even though its been two years since your post. Did you get anywhere in the last two years with local ableton stuff? I moved here last September and am thinking about trying to play out in the future... (Only started Abletoning live last year, and then only three times... but it was great fun...!)

Dan

mickey disco

Post by mickey disco » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:27 pm

I'd come along to this for sure if it ends up happening. The Primrose is not too far from me. Is it Cloth Cat that are organising it?

dan aktivix

We're a year out...

Post by dan aktivix » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Hey up,

I'm wondering since the original posts are a year old whether dpmtl is still organising anything...

mickey disco

Post by mickey disco » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:19 am

not looking good, eh? if he was on about doing something at the primrose then i reckon he must be something to do with clothcat. i've just started an ableton course with them last night, so will maybe ask the teacher if he knows anything.

will keep you posted!