someone hand me my vagina

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
oxball

someone hand me my vagina

Post by oxball » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:50 pm

can i insert a drum track into live? can i make a drum track in reason through the redrum and bring it into live? if so, how???

i am doing all my recording through the metronome and it sounds like shit because i need the drums.

i fucking hate users manuals because they don't teach me shit. all i see is blah blah blah blah blah blah.

:x

nikbill

heres a vagina.

Post by nikbill » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:20 pm

I dont know any thing about reason.But you can insert some of the 100 or so drumtracks that comes with live. Just find it in your chooser menu to the left of your screen. I cant remember exectly which folder there in. Just browse around the live folder till you find the samples, then its as easy as dragging them onto a track. you can make the loops go as long or as short as you want. You can modify them as well. I imagine if you wanted to insert a track you made with another program youd have to somhow convert it to a wav file, then find it with your chooser menu.I'm finding the drumtracks that were supplied with live to be sufficient. for now. Having a hell of alot of fun yeefuckinhaw

dpel

Post by dpel » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:48 am

launch live 1st
in live track input select to REASON
record enable track ( it will now be fed by the reason mixer)
launch reason
(i assume that your reason instruments are
conected to the reason mixer)
play reason
play live

have fun
manuals do suck, but we need them.
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

oxball

rug pee'ers did not do this.

Post by oxball » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:04 pm

live can't see reason. all my options say LIVE IN and NO DEVICE, there is none for reason.

i have been reading the manual, but i am very new to this (3 weeks) so i don't understand a lot of the terms used in the manual yet. that is why all i see is blah blah blah.

oxball

Post by oxball » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:48 pm

so, i figured out that i can make and record a drum track in reason, then export it and drag it into live. merry fuckin christmas to me.

Spiralgroove

Post by Spiralgroove » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:55 pm

You are a dolt. theres only about 4 million threads on this same subject here, a section devoted to it in the manual etc...
merry frickin christmas you lunk.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:07 am

okay....

but you honestly can just record the audio straight into live. the directions above look AOK to me, although i usually just: launch live, launch reason, then select reason as the track input, and arm recording. slightly different sequence, but hey...

dmuckala

Post by dmuckala » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:22 am

why even answer this guy? dude, what are you doing in this forum? go learn how to communicate, then come back