Post your music!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:41 am

fsk

Post by fsk » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:08 pm

nah both were good, if it was in a club i would be dancing and think it was great! just not very into that kinda house stuff. yes ur right too i wish ableton did have a section for artists! *HINT HINT*

fsk

Post by fsk » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:10 pm

also if people posted up their live set files, so we could see how we're all working and get ideas of eachother.

LTJX

Post by LTJX » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:59 pm

...so it would be kind of like the mp3.com was like before, but much better!!
but only registered owners of Live could post stuff.
Enter your Live serial number and you have access to upload your music.

another benefit to people actually purchasing the software.
...i would actually pay Ableton a little extra for that kind of service.

or how about Ableton Records?
how about a bunch of good tracks could then be compiled into a CD or DVD with cool videos with the tracks, or Ableton could partner up with iTunes music store (or one of the millions of upcomeing services like it), where people could buy the tracks. Ableton gets a cut of the sale.

crt

Re: Post your music!

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:20 am

a user who is not logged wrote:I want to hear some tracks created with ableton! Any one links?

Or is everyone too busy discussiong gear and not working on trax? :)

http://www.crtdot.com/music/mp3/index.html

Drum meditation, Savasana, and the Brittney Sparse live piece are all done in Live. The others are not.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment on them.

:D
- / . c r t
---
www: http://www.crtdot.com
g3ar pron: PowerBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, LIVE 4, BCR 2000, PC1600X, Oxygen 8
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:27 am

dont like that live set at all! not really interested in listening to pretentious noise music.

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:44 pm

fsk wrote:dont like that live set at all! not really interested in listening to pretentious noise music.
"Welcome to Flexagon.co.uk! This site is dedicated to maintaining a healthy British music scene, opening people's ears to new sounds and breaking any prejudices that they may have."

Glad to see you're holding to the precepts of phlaxagron. Remind me of why I should dig shit hiphop recycled through British ears again?
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:26 pm

mosca wrote:if you look down the thread you'll see that i posted a complete set that was done in ableton

only one reply though

mosca
I've been checking out the rest of the stufff on your site. It's great! Really nice vibe!! Totally reminds me of being in Scotland, especially the mountains around Glen Cannich and Glen Afric. Beautiful!
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:32 pm

fsk wrote:dont like that live set at all! not really interested in listening to pretentious noise music.
You would have been fine saying "don't like that live set at all"

The pretentious noise music statement is what makes you a dick.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:38 pm

crt wrote:Remind me of why I should dig shit hiphop recycled through British ears again?
Snap!

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:59 pm

sorry wasnt me tho was my mate paul :p I agree with him tho but wouldnt of added the pretentious comment!

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:01 pm

fsk wrote:sorry wasnt me tho was my mate paul :p I agree with him tho but wouldnt of added the pretentious comment!
Glad fsk is so open - ooops! only to a point. Put up some of your own choons and let me hear some of your pretentious noise.
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:07 pm

Alex Reynolds wrote:
crt wrote:Remind me of why I should dig shit hiphop recycled through British ears again?
Snap!
because, usually what happens is the americans invent a style and then keep flogging it forever until what was good about it in the first place gives way to soulless unpalettable Mc-mush, and then the brits take what was good about it in the first place and change the face of music with it. :wink:

not really saying that applies to hip hop though, no one will ever beat the original hip-hop acts of the late 80s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:13 pm

sorry but when u get home or something do u actually sit there and listen to similar stuff that u've made, id rather* go play with traffic.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:...then the brits take what was good about it in the first place and change the face of music with it. :wink:
Sort of like when the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Steve Winwood, etc. stole riffs and the occasional "traditional" song from established Black blues musicians, without offering compensation?

I'm British so no need to take this as a nationalistic complaint. A lot of the pop catalog from the 50s and 60s was stolen on both sides of the pond. All that the Brits "changed" in pop music was adding savvy marketing.

Cheers,
Alex