Grim Reality

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:52 am

:lol: typo - I meant jingle :oops: But tho I make electronic music, it wouldn't sound out of place in the jungle.

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Pitch Black wrote:...and I write music for TV/film and the odd jungle.
Forgenator wrote:Paddy - where is "the odd jungle"? I suppose the fact that it needs music is what makes it odd?

.. and are you king of that jungle? :D

Hey Paddy I just partied with some of your countrymen at the Shambala fest. Fun fun. cept I burnt the hell outa my arm on my motorcycle. :cry:

They told me you were hitting up the states again. True? Love to see you guys again.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:37 pm

after years of avoiding art and music as a trade and doing what is "right" by becoming a tech manager for a giant security software company I am frantically trying to find a rack to hang that hat and put myself into the full time music production role. I have a lot of reponsibilities "kids, alimony" so I can't take the leap blindly but I am slowly shifting my reality to be much more intentional and of my design. Though it is a slow go I am happier than I've been in a long time.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

EEkevin

Post by EEkevin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm a worship minister at a church in Indiana.
www.lifebridgecc.org
"He had become his real old self again and could look you in the face."

abrac

Post by abrac » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:02 am

im a student at berklee, i play jazz drums, going into production. i live off my parents teet for the most part. For spending money, im selling circuit bent toys to noise band kids. (after they been sampled of corse, its turning out to be quite lucrative)

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:26 am

kennerb wrote:.. and are you king of that jungle? :D
Nah man! I just herd the electrons from one field to another.
kennerb wrote:They told me you were hitting up the states again.
Yup, we're playing SF on Sept 21 (my birthday as it happens)
Las Vegas on the 22nd, and the Symbiosis festival on the 24th. Its in N. Cali - can you come down for that? Be great to see you! PM me and we keep this nice thread on topic :)

cheers mate!
paddy

MathematiK I

Post by MathematiK I » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:06 am

Freelance... I do everything from gigging (as engineer/bass player) to post production editing ( :? yey Protools) to recordings ...
but at the end of the day ....broke.. (Gear-aholic and Ganjaholic unfortunately)
the artist formerly known as 3dot...

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:02 am

no job here!

mind you i don't have a car or a kid, and my rent is only 325 canadian...

but no job here!!!

:D:D:D
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

crawford

Post by crawford » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:37 am

I sell music software in a small music shop in Seattle, (not Guitar Center), make 12.80 an hour, 31 years old. I dig it, and Live is something I get to show off to people quite regularly. I also dj occasionally, but it's difficult to make any money in Seattle these days doing that, it's mostly a labor of love.
I'm barely getting by, and I'm about to leave the shop behind and move to the Big Island of Hawaii...

aloha

leonard

Post by leonard » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:10 pm

I marry rich widows/divorcess for money.

Profession = Manbag.

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:32 pm

i'm a freelance opera singer, 30-ish
..... . . . . . . . . .

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:51 pm

I'm engineer

Well, almost.... im about to finish my dissertation

but my real passion is the music since several years... im making a little home studio in my bedroom

gomi

Post by gomi » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:11 pm

fsk wrote:Im a student, got 3 years to go on my BA Sound Art & Design course,

I want hambones life :O!!!
where are you going for a BA in sound art and design?
just curious

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:50 am

Strange career, studied geophysics and seismology (phD). Learned lots on acoustics, DSP, notch filters and all that. In spare time studied musicology, digital audio, basically anything to try to get into music/digital audio scene. Finally ended up in Philips electronics research lab working on surround sound algoritms and realized it was way too nerdy for me .....

Since then working for the Petroleum industry in Reservoir/business development, and travelling over the planet currently in the Middle East. Nothing to complain, appartment with seaview, 4WD, and because it is an industry with low "cool" factor, shortage of people is crazy so ... finally got money to buy some gear again and enjoying messing around with Live. No ambitions, just want to make some music I always wanted to make. Just started 6 months ago so still some stuff to learn.
Life is made of stories not atoms

soulata

Post by soulata » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:41 pm

...where do I begin....

I teach jazz-sax and improvisation in a music-high school (for food and social security), gig a lot playing sax and keys (4 to 12 gigs a month, make that 25 in December) and do songs/demos/recording sessions on both sides of a mic.

I have no clue as of how much I earn.

k