trying to copy warp settings from one clip to another

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
taylortronic

trying to copy warp settings from one clip to another

Post by taylortronic » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:02 pm

hey, abeltonners, i've got a very specific question: i've got multi-tracked drum sessions that need warping. i've already warped the stereo overhead channels and i'd like to copy those warp settings to the kick, snare, hihat, etc. channels so that there isn't any phase inconsistency from channel to channel. how can this be done?
another less specific question: if anybody knows a way to "opposite warp", meanning set the midi count to events in a clip. in other words, i want the timing of my clip to stay the same, but i want to be able to map the midi playback to points on a wave.
is this a can-do?

thanks a lot, taylortronic

longjohns

Re: trying to copy warp settings from one clip to another

Post by longjohns » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:10 am

taylortronic wrote:if anybody knows a way to "opposite warp", meanning set the midi count to events in a clip. in other words, i want the timing of my clip to stay the same, but i want to be able to map the midi playback to points on a wave.
is this a can-do?

thanks a lot, taylortronic
yes, it's called live 6!

as for warping multiple tracks in live 5 or previous, the basic idea is that you should copy your overhead tracks several times, and then use the "repl" button to swap in the other mic tracks.

taylortronic

wow, that was exactly what i needed to know

Post by taylortronic » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:09 pm

thanks, longjohns. that's just what i needed.