Richie took a bit to much ketamine I think :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
victorjohn

Post by victorjohn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:08 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."
Wow. Totally unrelated.

I don't think it logical to bring Shuglin into this as an example. While I agree that he has done tons of drugs and maintained a healthy approach to life... his life work as a psychopharmacologist should never be used as a measuring stick. Shuglin has nothing in common at all with Ritchie Hawtin and 99% of the partiers and club-goers in their approach, reasoning, and ethics of drug use. Shuglin is a complete anomally and not even close to the norm to be used in a rational discussioni of techno scene drug use.

I read his life story, as well as PIHKAL, and part of TIHKAL, as I once aspired to explore chemistry, psychology, and bio-pharma phenomena.

In the end I also learned the hard way that for me, the average techno head, Shuglin should never serve as a justification for drug use. I paid dearly for partying too hard, and no reference to science can erase that.

The root issue here is a video and an account of Hawtin's totally insane behavior. It is insane because while the lifestyle is common and hardens us to this fact: the truth is that it is never a laughing matter when someone collapses because of drug use. Many do that everyday on the streets and in the clubs of this world and don't get up again.
http://www.tekfunk.com/

"No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."-Albert Einstein

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:09 pm

DON"T DO DRUGS!!!

GET HIGH ON MASTURBATING!!!!

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:10 pm

robin wrote:
Spikee wrote: /sarcasm
Sarcasm doesn't work that well on the interweb but there you go.
No guarantees that was an afterparty though either. It just says AM party which based on my well-tenured raving career, could mean anything. :)

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:12 pm

perhaps he was faking it or just ducking down to do a line or suck a cock...i mean he doesnt collapse or lose consciousness 8)

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:14 pm

www.amonly.com

THE booking agency for the worlds best dj's, performers and (alt, never heard of) bands

check it out

When I was a promoter I was obsessed with them

their parties are always the best parties @ the WMC

peace

Ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

robin

Post by robin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 pm

Spikee wrote:
No guarantees that was an afterparty though either. It just says AM party which based on my well-tenured raving career, could mean anything. :)
True :)

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:20 pm

robin wrote:
Spikee wrote:
True :)

Richies booking agency - they throw a party every year at WMC - the 10 year anniversary was the best (IMO!)

www.amonly.com

and here's how happy I was - me and my old lady

NOTICE I'm wearing an ESDJCO T-Shirt

Ableton | Elektron

Music

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:18 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
capta1nA wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Name one succesful artist who didn't get fucked up at some point.
Frank Zappa
Gene Simmons
Jerry Garcia

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:39 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:
capta1nA wrote: Frank Zappa
Gene Simmons
Jerry Garcia

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll ask him if that's true next time I see him
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:43 pm

Any of you drug detectives think that maybe just maybe he is messing around. For all any of you who WEREN'T there know he could have been at the end of his set and just been playing around. Adults do play you know. Sometimes even without drugs.

We live in a great society where any odd or unexpected behavior is immediately associated with drugs. It tells me that most are not able to just let go without them.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:39 pm

we all get messed up sometimes.who cares.more power to him....

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:42 pm

kennerb wrote:Any of you drug detectives think that maybe just maybe he is messing around. For all any of you who WEREN'T there know he could have been at the end of his set and just been playing around. Adults do play you know. Sometimes even without drugs.

We live in a great society where any odd or unexpected behavior is immediately associated with drugs. It tells me that most are not able to just let go without them.
man serious;
if you ever had some; you know how to spot em.
mouth moverment and body movement; I dont even have to see the pupils to know at what stage adam and richie are here.
I'm not sure if he really is passing out or doing some or having a laugh.
for sure tho they are on dope.
really it takes one to know one.
I dont do a lot anymore; but I know that before, when I was still dopevirgin I did not see the difference either.
after you do.

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:03 pm

i can feel his pain!!

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:03 pm

markaugust wrote:
kennerb wrote:Any of you drug detectives think that maybe just maybe he is messing around. For all any of you who WEREN'T there know he could have been at the end of his set and just been playing around. Adults do play you know. Sometimes even without drugs.

man serious;
if you ever had some; you know how to spot em.
mouth moverment and body movement; I dont even have to see the pupils to know at what stage adam and richie are here.
I'm not sure if he really is passing out or doing some or having a laugh.
for sure tho they are on dope.
really it takes one to know one.
I dont do a lot anymore; but I know that before, when I was still dopevirgin I did not see the difference either.
after you do.
Yeah never done K before. No real interest there. I'm already mellow enough that a downer would put me in my sleeping bag. Not really what I would want when I am actually trying to stay up and dance.

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah even more general; I can spot if someone is drunk or on coke or mushrooms or extacy/ketamine
those last two look about the same in symthoms really (and I never took K!)