Traum Schallplatten Producer´s Contest

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rockmachine

Traum Schallplatten Producer´s Contest

Post by rockmachine » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Cosmic Sandwich 'Scatter Realm' Producer´s Contest

Artist: Cosmic Sandwich aka Steve Barnes

Label: My Best Friend (MBF), sublabel of Traum Schallplatten, Cologne, Germany

Track: Scatter Realm (unreleased, from the forthcoming EP 'Battle Twig')

Sponsor: Steinberg (Hamburg, Germany)

What to do: Remix the track 'Scatter Realm' by Cosmic Sandwich

Timetable: Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2006, three full months

Prizes

1st Prize: A release on Cosmic Sandwich´s "Battle Twig Remix EP" which will be out in early 2007. (Optional a second or even third track) plus one Traum Schallplatten 'Best Of' vinyl pack plus a Steinberg Cubase T-shirt sent to your house

2nd Prize: A Steinberg 'Cubase Studio 4' software sequencer (click here for detailed information) plus a Traum Schallplatten 'Best of' vinyl pack plus a Steinberg Cubase T-shirt sent to your house

3rd Prize: A Traum Schallplatten 'Best of' vinyl pack plus a Steinberg Cubase T-shirt sent to your house

4th and 5th Prize: A Steinberg Cubase T-shirt

Material: Get all the samples, midi files plus the exclusive unreleased track on www.foem.info . Also a minimix with Steve´s most important works is available

Jury: Jaqueline Klein, Steve Barnes, Riley Reinhold

All the info you need to participate can be found on www.foem.info

Have a good time producing!

the FOEM crew

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:29 am

hope you dont consider it as spam... we´ve already got alot of interested users from here, so we just wish u alot of fun :)

KInetic

Post by KInetic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Traum is one of my favourite labels.

And I love that Cosmic Sandwich track, Man In A Box (especially the Patrick Chardronnet mix).

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Remixing the new Cosmic Sandwich track 'Scatter Realm'

This time there are some more specific guidelines (no strict rules) when working with this track, so please bear the following in mind to match MBF´s style:

• MBF is a House label.

Your track should have a cool monotony and it should have a cool groove which carries the track.

Plus a certain nervous energy which should derive from the track being based in 16ths.
• Very hypnotic.
• Very epic.

Long breaks are cool. These long breaks must be exciting, and something must happen in them, they must be strong and dynamic (remember 'Andre Kraml - Safari (James Holden Remix)').
• Minimal and reduced.

Additive structure/arrangement (Don’t fire all your guns in the first minute, don’t use up all your ideas right off).
• Economy.

The sounds really should be more psychedelic rather than hard and aggressive, more of a liquid movement within the track, not simply ‘boom boom boom’.

Track should be no longer than 8 minutes if possible (the absolute length permitted is 12 minutes).
• Oldschool- elements (sounds, bass lines etc.), are allowed.

And again, MBF is NOT a high-tech label – IT’S ABOUT THE GROOVE!

Not to forget: Your track must work in a club, not a bedroom. It must ROCK. You know what that means.
interesting. :)

rob.
http://www.robtronik.com | DJ Mixes, Blogtronik, Event Schedule

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:36 pm

My Best Friend, Traum, and Trapez are some of the hottest labels right now period. I got a chance to see and chat with Riley one time a couple years back and he is super nice guy that knows what stuff to release.

Look out for that Daso or Dazo record that should be dropping anytime now. His one track on the My Best Friend "flashback" comp is just pure "pop" perfection...

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:45 pm

indeed, we got to know riley some time ago, also steve, and jaqueline. theyre veery nice people, its kinda familiar talking with them, no "off to the clouds" people who are having their success.. also the label stands for quality music. so were pretty happy to make this contest with them :)

KInetic

Post by KInetic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:14 pm

thelike5 wrote:Look out for that Daso or Dazo
Daso´s "Sam N´Max" is an awesome track, one of my favorite of the past few months, very James Holden-esque.

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:18 pm

yeah think its already out - will check that track also thanks

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:04 am

i never expected so many interested users on this forum. our stats say that there were more than 1000 people who clicked here from the ableton domain.

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:09 am

robtronik wrote:
Remixing the new Cosmic Sandwich track 'Scatter Realm'

This time there are some more specific guidelines (no strict rules) when working with this track, so please bear the following in mind to match MBF´s style:

• MBF is a House label.

Your track should have a cool monotony and it should have a cool groove which carries the track.

Plus a certain nervous energy which should derive from the track being based in 16ths.
• Very hypnotic.
• Very epic.

Long breaks are cool. These long breaks must be exciting, and something must happen in them, they must be strong and dynamic (remember 'Andre Kraml - Safari (James Holden Remix)').
• Minimal and reduced.

Additive structure/arrangement (Don’t fire all your guns in the first minute, don’t use up all your ideas right off).
• Economy.

The sounds really should be more psychedelic rather than hard and aggressive, more of a liquid movement within the track, not simply ‘boom boom boom’.

Track should be no longer than 8 minutes if possible (the absolute length permitted is 12 minutes).
• Oldschool- elements (sounds, bass lines etc.), are allowed.

And again, MBF is NOT a high-tech label – IT’S ABOUT THE GROOVE!

Not to forget: Your track must work in a club, not a bedroom. It must ROCK. You know what that means.
interesting. :)

rob.
not quite... :roll:

w :!:
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:13 am

we discussed that with the "guidelines" over there: http://www.livesets.com/forums/showthre ... adid=97865

cause was that james holden wrote on his website that he´s not ok with those kinda rules. but alot of people think different

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:26 am

well, i totaly agree with james. it would be enough if the rules were:
• we are looking for a dance track.

wtf is this:

(Don’t fire all your guns in the first minute, don’t use up all your ideas right off).
• Economy.
• Very epic.
• Your track should have a "cool" monotony

:?: :!:

http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

rockmachine

Post by rockmachine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:30 am

hehe yes, my point of view is that there is still enough freedom. and if the label wants a pizza, they are not happy with maccaroni instead

but i also can understand your opinion. so its quite a polarizer..

musick

Post by musick » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 pm

WebSite! wrote: wtf is this:

(Don't fire all your guns in the first minute, don't use up all your ideas right off).
* Economy.
* Very epic.
* Your track should have a "cool" monotony

:?: :!:

It's very simple:

- Riley pays for the release, it's his money.
- He apparently knows what sells (given his succesfull labels)

So he's right :)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:11 am

sticky ?
spreader of butter