anybody using audio realism bassline

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

anybody using audio realism bassline

Post by nuperspective » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:05 am

can it be used as a midi step sequencer with all the slides etc. therefore allowing to map the midi to other synths, program in traditional step sequencer way and record the midi / audio. or even use the patterns to play other synths.

geo

Post by geo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:03 pm

Have 1 midi track with Bassline, another midi track with vst of your choice, set the track with the other vst to receive midi from bassline by clicking at the "Midi From" and selecting the midi track that bassline resides and choose BassLine from the box just underneath and set Monitor to "In". Now if you play a pattern from BassLine it's midi data will be output to teh other midi track. You can also have Bassline play a midi clip and route that to the other vst, as well(Note Mode). I think that way the slides will also work and get transmitted to the other synth(by midi programming it, I mean, instead of having it to Pattern Mode). I hope that's what you want...

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:48 pm

cool. thats the one.

Qnnilson

Post by Qnnilson » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:08 am

i tried that with operator and nothing happened, what i'm doing wrong

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 am

i cant get it to work either all i get is a sustained note - which is the note im using to play the pattern in the ARB.

coupdetat

Bassline works in Live

Post by coupdetat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:55 pm

Hoi just read the post on bassline and i have to say it works great. basically a midi note will play a pattern IE

C3 is pattern 60 in Bass Line

and you have loads i usualy start at 60 cos its default on my keyboard C3 being A on my keyboard 9as in keyboard and mouse)

you have two modes for bassline PTN and Note leave it on PTN this allows you to control the pattens from live by using Midi notes ie C3 for pattern 60 and C3# for 61 etc then just program your patterns in bass line as you would a 303

Hope this helps

www.coupdetat.co.uk/downloads/bassline.zip