Korg Legacy Analog edition now has universal binary support

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelike5

Korg Legacy Analog edition now has universal binary support

Post by thelike5 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:28 pm

This is great news for Macbook and Macbook pro owners who have the original Legacy collection that has been collecting dust...

I personally love this synth collection and find it 100% inspirational and just flat out fun to play.

Here's the link...

http://www.korguser.net/login.asp?OS=WIN&LAN=1&TOP=1

Curious, it dosen't list a price for the required dongle... The idea behind this actually sucks but I'm sure it's necessary. I think the Legacy Collection Analog Edition has to be one of the most pirated peices of software over the course of the last couple of years!

This update dosen't effect me as I don't yet (YET!) own a Macbook. One day soon...

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:32 pm

I stand corrected after I looked the post over...

It's $15 for a license if you already own this syncro-whatever dongle. I don't know what the dongle costs on its own but I'd have to imagine it's more then $15. So the whole investment to get the Legacy Collection working on your macbooks is probably around $50. It will be worth it to me. Korg really should have added something though. Maybe another synth or at least some extra effects or something... Oh well. It will be a required purchase by many of us...

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:32 pm

I can't imagine that nobody cares...?

I figured all you out there with macintels would be all over this. I mean, glad to know that you can use your MS-20 software again...

Oh well

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:42 am

Where can i buy this on the net ?

Any links would be great.

can you get it without the midi controller ? I heard its pretty shite ...

Cheers
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:18 pm

BinaryB wrote:Where can i buy this on the net ?

Any links would be great.

can you get it without the midi controller ? I heard its pretty shite ...

Cheers
Check out...

www.novamusik.com

The controller actually is pretty f'ing cool...
It's set up just like the real MS-20 (lots of knobs,etc) and sounds amazing. Kinda CPU intensive but what isn't these days...
The best part of the software is the Legacy cell which allows you to "blend" the ms-20 and the Korg polysix together with effects. The gui of that program works amazing with the Korg Mocrokontrol...

Check out

www.Novamusik.com

They sell it for lik, $170 complete with the controller!!

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:50 pm

OK, so Korg really dosen't have thier shit together on this one...

I'm ordering a macbook, and would like to use the Legacy Collection software that I purchased this year on it. In order to do so I need to spend almost $50 to use it and there is nothing extra added to this upgrade!!! It just allows it to work. Oh yeah, I have to have the dongle inserted into the usb port at all times too... great. You didn't need one before...

Even more confusing, if you don't already own a synchrosoft key you will need to buy one THROUGH ARTURIA! Korg dosen't even have them ready for you to buy! Strange thing is, they are like the last major company to change over. Everyone else had this shit figured out a year ago, with multiple programs! Korg only has two software programs. The Legacy collection analog and the Legacy collection digital. Digital came out after the analog edition and was UB ready months back...

I'm sorry but Korg really missed the boat on this one. I understand this program got pirated quite a bit and I guess that explains things to a slight degree.... but come on!!

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:50 pm

thelike5 wrote:OK, so Korg really dosen't have thier shit together on this one...

I'm ordering a macbook, and would like to use the Legacy Collection software that I purchased this year on it. In order to do so I need to spend almost $50 to use it and there is nothing extra added to this upgrade!!! It just allows it to work. Oh yeah, I have to have the dongle inserted into the usb port at all times too... great. You didn't need one before...

Even more confusing, if you don't already own a synchrosoft key you will need to buy one THROUGH ARTURIA! Korg dosen't even have them ready for you to buy! Strange thing is, they are like the last major company to change over. Everyone else had this shit figured out a year ago, with multiple programs! Korg only has two software programs. The Legacy collection analog and the Legacy collection digital. Digital came out after the analog edition and was UB ready months back...

I'm sorry but Korg really missed the boat on this one. I understand this program got pirated quite a bit and I guess that explains things to a slight degree.... but come on!!
Nice to know that.

It is a shame that they protect themselves at your expense...

I guess i should look around the net for a better synth. and just bounce down the demo version to wav's...

Cheers for the heads-up mate
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:59 pm

BinaryB wrote:
thelike5 wrote:OK, so Korg really dosen't have thier shit together on this one...

Nice to know that.

I guess i should look around the net for a better synth. and just bounce down the demo version to wav's...

I will sell mine with the controller and the digital collection for 200 bucks

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:38 pm

BinaryB wrote:

Nice to know that.

Only problem the demo cuts out every 8 seconds or so... I guess you can get a pretty good bassline going for 8 seconds but it's a pain to work one up when the audio cuts out!

It's $158 new through Nova Musik with the controller. If you have an G4 or G5 mac at home, no problem. If you have a macbook you will have to poay another $20 or so for a syncrosoft dongle, and $15 for a license.

Still not a bad investment... I've recorded pretty much everything I've done in this program and find it really inspirational. I bounce it to Live and play with my vst plug in effects and compress and halfway master inside of Live. Great results...

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:33 pm

The KLC has been my favorite collection of soft synths since they came out, but I always just demo'ed it because I never had a computer fast enough to run more than one instance. Now with the new macintel stuff, I think I could actually pick up a copy.

This is good news. :)

zsazsa

Post by zsazsa » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:48 pm

I ordered a syncrosoft dongle throurh my local music store and it was 20 euro.
Plus the $ 15 for the licence is a lot. But at least I can run it on my desktop and laptop, which before this was a hassle. I just shouldn´t lose the dongle...

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:27 am

thelike5 wrote:
BinaryB wrote:

Nice to know that.

Only problem the demo cuts out every 8 seconds or so... I guess you can get a pretty good bassline going for 8 seconds but it's a pain to work one up when the audio cuts out!

It's $158 new through Nova Musik with the controller. If you have an G4 or G5 mac at home, no problem. If you have a macbook you will have to poay another $20 or so for a syncrosoft dongle, and $15 for a license.

Still not a bad investment... I've recorded pretty much everything I've done in this program and find it really inspirational. I bounce it to Live and play with my vst plug in effects and compress and halfway master inside of Live. Great results...
I just cant handle the USB dongles. And i wont pay for them !!!

I just use the demos of the companies that use Usb keys.
Or demos that last longer than 8 seconds...

Design the sound. Bounce. Load into Sampler.
I bought Sampler so i can do this.

If the future of a music company is dependant on usb keys...
I would rather they consider the option of freeware as promo material
and sort out something that works for everybody.

EVEN Native Instruments have gotten the message
by removing the need for a dongle for Reaktor and Kore.

They suck badly, but their marketing arm is good at its job.

We are all damned if we do and damned if we dont.

I will support those companies who are more in touch with my requirements.

ABLETON !!! LOVE EM.
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 pm

I dont find it on novamusik.com , there is just the digital edition :-(

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:20 pm

nasedo wrote:I dont find it on novamusik.com , there is just the digital edition :-(
Novamusik sold out - I called them and checked. you might be able to find it at west la music. I bought mine off of ebay.