THE Rack List. (What can you do with Racks?)

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
jasinski
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Contact:

Re: Update

Post by jasinski » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm

fatrabbit wrote:
jasinski wrote:Just posted a bunch of new racks I made- as well as consolidated some of the posts you guys added, thanks again!!
Wow! Brilliant stuff!

At this rate, you should offer a single zip file with all of them in for lazy people (like me normally, but i'd already downloaded them individually).

I've just got Sampler, so hopefully I can make a few racks that involve it in the not-to-distant-future.
Good idea, maybe I will group them together by dates posted- like the December zip.
Regarding Sampler.. do you think it is worth it? I mean.. I played around with the demo, but felt a little restricted in terms of the user interface and some of the features. How are you finding it?

jasinski
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Contact:

Post by jasinski » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:42 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:thankyou thankyou thankyou. Now I can actually see how to do this. Just looking at it has allowed me to start building my own racks. Very helpful.
Sweet Joey, post some of them here when you make 'em.

fatrabbit
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:41 am
Location: Bath, UK

Re: Update

Post by fatrabbit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:05 pm

jasinski wrote:
fatrabbit wrote:
jasinski wrote:Just posted a bunch of new racks I made- as well as consolidated some of the posts you guys added, thanks again!!
Wow! Brilliant stuff!

At this rate, you should offer a single zip file with all of them in for lazy people (like me normally, but i'd already downloaded them individually).

I've just got Sampler, so hopefully I can make a few racks that involve it in the not-to-distant-future.
Good idea, maybe I will group them together by dates posted- like the December zip.
Regarding Sampler.. do you think it is worth it? I mean.. I played around with the demo, but felt a little restricted in terms of the user interface and some of the features. How are you finding it?
I really like it - because obviously it conforms to the standard Ableton interface and look and I get on with that really well.

I got it at Educational price (about 50% off) - I'm not sure I would pay full price for it though, mainly because you can't use it as a 3rd party plug.

ikke
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by ikke » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:24 am

Image

Cool enough? :D

Affiliation
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:20 am
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Post by Affiliation » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:19 am

what a rack!

FrankH
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:38 pm
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

ok

Post by FrankH » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am

Looks very Okay to me!
Live 6.0.3 Win XP sp2, P4 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, UXGA video, RME Multiface (1), Nord Lead 3, Korg X5D, TR-Rack, ER-1, Roland Juno 106, JV-2080, Elektron Machinedrum-UW, SidStation, SPL Charisma, Soundtracs CP6800 (40/12/24), Genelec 1030A, Furutech TP80, etc.

SubQ
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Sao Paulo-Recife-Brasil
Contact:

Post by SubQ » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:35 pm

Can anyone post again the Glitch for windows? the link is down... :(
cheers,
coelho
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

womoma
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by womoma » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:10 pm

Just discovered this brill thread.

This thread should be stickied.

Rockin.

womoma
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by womoma » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:16 pm

By the way, were getting a house beat rack together over at ALDJ.

Go here:

http://abletonlivedj.com/forum/images/a ... c0755d.jpg

if you wanna help out.

It should be made available soon.
The idea is to collect some fantastic house music one shot hits in one rack, and treat each hit with seperate eq, compression etc, for a kit which hopefully will rock.

smutek
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 am

8O

I had not really felt the need to upgrade from Live 5 to 6 yet.

Then I read through this thread.

Damn you all!

kaffein
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Post by kaffein » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:11 am

http://www.ableton-live-fans.com/forum/ ... 1edd8&f=30

Kinda leaves a bit to be desired... Needs more moderation and checking of the file, as I've dowloaded plenty that needed sampler or operator. (They didn't mention it needed it)

jasinski
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Contact:

Post by jasinski » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:31 am

kaffein wrote:http://www.ableton-live-fans.com/forum/ ... 1edd8&f=30

Kinda leaves a bit to be desired... Needs more moderation and checking of the file, as I've dowloaded plenty that needed sampler or operator. (They didn't mention it needed it)
aweseome, i will add this to the 'link' section at the top of the thread. thanks.

womoma
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by womoma » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:24 am

also here:
http://www.abletonlivedj.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=31

Not many there yet, but were hoping to fill it up as we promote the Live Files section more.
We might even run a rack competition at some stage.


.

mdk
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Contact:

Post by mdk » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:45 am

i put up the link for this over in another thread, but i thought id add it here.

its an early version of my 808 emulator built using just Operator and Live's built in fx.

http://relivethefuture.com/music/patche ... 8-v0.7.zip

jasinski
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Contact:

Post by jasinski » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks, I added it to the top list on this thread..

Keep em coming guys!

mdk wrote:i put up the link for this over in another thread, but i thought id add it here.

its an early version of my 808 emulator built using just Operator and Live's built in fx.

http://relivethefuture.com/music/patche ... 8-v0.7.zip

Post Reply