New user question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rob Yale

New user question

Post by Rob Yale » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:28 am

Hi,

My understanding of Live was that if you take two different loops (assume that they're reasonably in time) and drag them into two tracks in the Pool, they will play in sync. In other words, Live will stretch, compress and pitch shift in such a way as to make them lock together.

Is this correct? The reason I ask, is because for some reason, this is not happening at the moment. Is there some mode I might have gotten the program into that might cause this to happen?

Thanks,

Rob Yale

MASTERFADER

New user question

Post by MASTERFADER » Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:42 pm

Rob "Live" will match the tempo for you but you have to align the beats using the warp makers in the clip view. It is a little confusing at first but with some experimentation you will find it quite fast to work with .

Stiffy

Post by Stiffy » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:57 pm

On a more experimental note, if that loop isn't exactly fitting, even after warp (which it should) transopse the pitch all the way up- you can get some great percussive effects and even freaky synth leads... no, really

Rob Yale

Re: New user question

Post by Rob Yale » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:41 pm

Is there a tutorial that shows how to align the individual beats in two different tracks?

Rob

MASTERFADER wrote:Rob "Live" will match the tempo for you but you have to align the beats using the warp makers in the clip view. It is a little confusing at first but with some experimentation you will find it quite fast to work with .