Has Future Music Magazine gone under ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:59 pm

BassTooth wrote:the US version sucked anyway. it was never nearly packed with stuff as the UK edition. it wasn't as "thick" also the DVD that came with it had the same problem and half the time it was just duplicate of the UK version with some packaging difference.

That damned UK edition cost me $15 damn dollars just to pick it up from the local Barnes and Noble. I think i've had my fill with magazines/subcriptions. Half the time its just advertisements for gear thats new and improved and 10 times better than the gear i just bought 3 months ago, and i have more than enough gear/software. I want to learn to use and get use out of the stuff i have first before buying anything else. Think i'll just stick to forums.
yes, but once in a while they will throw in a good sample dvd with some really wicked sounds.....their sample cds are a game of give and take though.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

sbyrd

Post by sbyrd » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:05 pm

the US version was a rag piece of crap 40 page advertisment spectacular.
interviews with BT and Oakenfold every month. awesome!

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:58 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:yes, but once in a while they will throw in a good sample dvd with some really wicked sounds.....their sample cds are a game of give and take though.
that's kind of how i feel about computer music mag as well. i'd say about twice a year they have something i want and i'll buy it. the rest of the time it's all "how to sound like ryoksopp" and "how to make a krunk bass". there's nothing wrong with that stuff, it7s just not something to build a magazine on, because it's something you only need to see ONCE, ever. once you know it, what's your incentive to keep buying.

anyone who's not checked out sound on sound should do.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm

itook4lefts wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:yes, but once in a while they will throw in a good sample dvd with some really wicked sounds.....their sample cds are a game of give and take though.
that's kind of how i feel about computer music mag as well. i'd say about twice a year they have something i want and i'll buy it. the rest of the time it's all "how to sound like ryoksopp" and "how to make a krunk bass". there's nothing wrong with that stuff, it7s just not something to build a magazine on, because it's something you only need to see ONCE, ever. once you know it, what's your incentive to keep buying.

anyone who's not checked out sound on sound should do.
co sign..i see we have read similar issues.

yea, i mean it is cool that they show the technique, but i think it would be more beneficial if they mentioned articles in a manner where they show how to fully utilize each vst/hardware/etc rather than throwing out names. its kool for the first few times, but after a while it does get old.

i think you are moving up on the musician food chain so u might want to check out sound on sound magazine and also electronic musician. also keyboard magaine is worth getting because a one whole year subscription can be as cheap as 5 dollars. note that one issue is 3.99-4.50 and so for a little bit more change you really get the super size deal. and they show good keyboard techniques whther it is vst/organ/synth/etc.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Produce A Hip-Hop Hit!

If ever there were a cry for help, that would be it.

morphing

Post by morphing » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:56 pm

I just picked up a SOS subscription that looked like a good deal for us in the US and Canada.

Check it out... one year for $39

http://www.audiomidi.com/specials/sosof ... ?cpid=2398

tribewalker

Post by tribewalker » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:19 pm

i picked up an u.s. edition of future music over the summer that was actually from march of 06 and had armin vanburen on the c.d. thing.

Yeh the thing sucked.....I just religiously read computer music, which i have been religiously for about a year now....however im starting think that im noticing a downslide in their content.....

or maybe i just started to get used to their magazine since when i first got it it was OH SO NEW....ya know?

Sound on Sound eh? i may pick one of those up if barnes and noble carries it. I tried to find the CM guide to ableton but they had no clue what it was or where to find it...yet i see the cm guide to cubase was on their stand in march..

Hrmm Hrrmm Hrmm....??
===============
audio engines are going to differ very slightly betwen 200 dollar soft synths

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:07 am

I read all of these mags s.o.s electronic musician mix remix EQ CM and FM i find useful stuff in all of them and rubbish in all of them as well 8)
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:13 am

forge wrote:
Cyberstar wrote:
dvehtch wrote:2nd thought after reading that article on Fm above I did get a copy of guitar world and was wondering why, I dont even play guitar. Guess thats what happened...what to do now?
I sent an email here... www.futuremusic@futurenet.co.uk
still waiting on a reply.
I'd check that email though - looks like you got it mixed up there with the website
This is how they have it on there website under contact us

Contact us
Future Music Magazine
Future Publishing Ltd,
30 Monmouth Street, Bath, BA1 2BW
Tel: 01225 442244
Email: futuremusic@futurenet.co.uk
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161