DJ Grobe set free.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Do you think DJ Grobe is trying to rip off the ableton community(Product origanally $35)

Yes, heys a w*nker
40%
No, heys a good bloke, it's ok to lie about your projects.
60%

Total votes: 20

dango

Post by dango » Fri May 25, 2007 10:49 am

Tone Deft wrote:Thanks to dango from keeping me from googling 'Golden dildo' and sorting through the results.
8O

:lol:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri May 25, 2007 10:50 am

Tone Deft wrote:I haven't kept up on what's going on because I'm not in the market. For consumers like me the details get lost. Find your budget, shop around.
I'm keeping a close eye on most developments. Almost everything gets posted here, so its hard to miss it anyway.
Seen the "reactable" bar yet? (Ibar)
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=i ... jBYWIKR738

Of all the multitouch stuff out there. Only Jeff Han and Jazzmutant have really impressed me.
I'm overwhelmed by Apple's patents, because they got a combination of everything and more going on...
But lets face it, that tablet can arrive anywhere between now and the rapture...

A lot of interesting stuff going on. Its just a little unclear when something is going to change.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 am

style_riser wrote:I just want to see the response I would get, but come one grobe at the begining of his project did say he ALMOST got it working, which most ppl know is impossible, he still gets 30000+ views thougth . Guess this amount just says it all about the ableton community. :oops:
Awww c'mon... have you ever developed a hardware/software platform for public consumption? Give the man a break, it's not like he's looking to get rich, it's his spare time.

Be cool, please.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

hardware/software platform?
Its a few controls draged on to a form (made them look pretty using probably a pirated version of photoshop), and hey tried to charge $35 a time for it. Blatant ripping off I would say.

But i will be cool if grobe promises to tell us how we ALMOST got multi-touch working... :lol:

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri May 25, 2007 11:07 am

Mr hoffman2k, about your comment:

I just don't see the connection between 1 touch software and jazzmutant.

The conection its very simple, are MIDI controllers based on touch screen, with common objects to djs like sliders, buttons etc etc, its impossible people dont make the conection......
Jazzmutant is wonderfull controller where the limit its your imagination.......but its expnesive...lot of people want cheap lemur,.......another reason for people do the conection, they want that.....who no want one lemur for
600U$ : )

My software is jazzmutant remplacement?
NO NO NO NO i say no to anyone think that...
Just go to site www.monotouchlive.com and read overview, its the same overview i write when make public the first version days ago, read about what remplace MonoTouchLIve :)

Jazzmutant name on site:

Note writed by 365mag.com

Text from 365mag.com 2006-09-18

http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=news ... c+Magazine

I just suprised about that, because usually i read 365mag.com and really suprised one day when i enter to that site and see this little NICE note lol
I not want be famous, just happy due sombody write nice note, like i really feel god everytime some guy say wow, continue i think your project its cool.
For that reaosn i paste that shor text, i think i should d the link to original note for skip anyconfusion.

Example:
All here in the forum are djs or producer or musician,............1 question!!:

hoy feel when some guy or guys say after end play music in some place, your set its cool, or sog you produced its cool. etc etc

How you feel guys when that happen?

I feel the same with this little software : ) for that reason that shot note on home page : )

Soon i put more about jazzmutant, i have atorization form they to put logo and name of jazzmutant and link the page, soon i add the link to jazzmutant i put on overview section, want multitouch right now, go to jazzmutant and buy the best and more inovative controler over the planet....

Again i post the same,....
why i not buy one LEMUR, import one to my country exactly cost its 4000U$
For that reaosn i buliding my own controller, i have money for lemur, but consider really expensive, at the end or first days of 2008 its possible i travel to USA, and buy one :)
But i continue with MonotouchLive anywa if some day i decide buy one LEMUR

Best regards
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Fri May 25, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 25, 2007 11:12 am

hoffman2k wrote:Seen the "reactable" bar yet? (Ibar)
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=i ... jBYWIKR738

Of all the multitouch stuff out there. Only Jeff Han and Jazzmutant have really impressed me.
I'm overwhelmed by Apple's patents, because they got a combination of everything and more going on...
But lets face it, that tablet can arrive anywhere between now and the rapture...

A lot of interesting stuff going on. Its just a little unclear when something is going to change.
8O
When I start hanging out in bars where business cards and drinks control the music, hang me in my cornflower blue tie, I'll thank you for it. Apply that to the pool table or darts board, then I'll be impressed.

Uber cool technology. Keep the forum updated on this tech. 8)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Fri May 25, 2007 11:13 am

grobe, don't you get pissed off all the time explaing that your project is only a lemur ripoff?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri May 25, 2007 11:20 am

style_riser you only intention its putme on ridiculus position, nobody think in other way after the last things you do,
My only sugestion to oyou its try to be more positive, i say the same 6 onths ago.......but nothing change.

About my project and future projects, all info be published here on the forum, like usually i do.
If i fail to make multitouch or decide for me its imposible, i back to foirum and coment i decide stop i cant i fail trying to do that.
If that its your major preocupation in your life, i hoppe now you can have swetdreams and your nightmares about MonotouchLive ghost and multiple fingers persecution on your dreams jiji
Sorry for the sarcasm.

Want be cool?
You can be cool editing all you write at the start of this post... included the ugly title.

That be really cool : )

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Fri May 25, 2007 11:21 am

done!! :lol:

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri May 25, 2007 11:23 am

style_riser you not really see, nobody like what you doing now here in the forum?

You edition, continue with bad intetnions..if you think that cool......
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Fri May 25, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:29 am

hambone1 wrote:Don't worry, dude. Your project is great, and I'm looking forward to it.

Ignore the assholes...
+1.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri May 25, 2007 11:33 am

style_riser wrote:After much upset I here by say sorry to the whole community for my actions, I did not know that lieing was ok.
............ you showed with this you dont really have any good intention and you never stop.
You tried to putme on ridicule postion, but you are the winner of that position with your own actions.

Good luck style_riser

djod

Re: ..

Post by djod » Fri May 25, 2007 12:43 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:
style_riser wrote:After much upset I here by say sorry to the whole community for my actions, I did not know that lieing was ok.
............ you showed with this you dont really have any good intention and you never stop.
You tried to putme on ridicule postion, but you are the winner of that position with your own actions.

Good luck style_riser
Amen.

Jesus Christ

Re: ..

Post by Jesus Christ » Fri May 25, 2007 1:18 pm

djod wrote: Amen.
+1

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Fri May 25, 2007 4:19 pm

style_riser, give it up...its not a rip off, we're all panting over multitouch technology its just that jazzmutant got there first so good for them

now grobe is trying to do something with a lot less features for a lot less money (none at all now it appears) so good for him too. as somebody said above, if anyone paid $35 for software called MONOtouch because they expected it to rapidly evolve into multitouch lemur competition, well...that's wouldn't have been very smart, would it? but it sounds like they could now get their money back if they really needed that 35 bucks.

you really just sound jealous, style_riser.