background noise from soundcard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stesmith

background noise from soundcard

Post by stesmith » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:00 pm

finally found the time today to try out my FA-66 iv just bought. linked it to my laptop via firewire, then had the Alesis M1's from outputs 1 and 2. but when nothing is playing there is a lot of background noise from the laptop. is there anyway i can stop this?

thinking of just selling all my stuff coz its just proving to be too much hassle. the trigger finger still doesnt work coz i have media centre windows and now all this. think i might just go back to Djing with CD;s its easier.

The Trigger Finger, edirol fa-66 soundcard and M1's are all brand new out the box and have never even played a live set.

if anybody wants to buy any of them let me know coz if i cant sort this problem they are all going on ebay

bigbadbarns

Post by bigbadbarns » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 pm

hey- just a thought- is your laptop plugged in to its power supply? With my current laptop (Dell), i CANNOT use ableton with the laptop plugged in to the wall, it causes all manner of fucked up sounds.

stesmith

Post by stesmith » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:04 am

ye it is actually. my laptop is fucked and can only run with the supply in. even if it wasnt i wudnt like to do a live set relying on battery power!