Ableton 4 is simply amazing!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sheridan

Ableton 4 is simply amazing!

Post by Sheridan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:43 pm

Been using it for several days now and I still can't get over how easy & intuitive it is. This thing looks to me like the holy grail, and what every other sequencer I've used could only hope to be. I can see in the crystal ball a garage sale in the near future of a lot of my outboard gear and other sequencers. I'll be using this mainly to record my guitar tracks direct from a POD XT-Pro and mixing with backing tracks created from samples and VSTi's. It's been a long time since I've been this pumped about a piece of audio software. Kudos to the Ableton visionaries and developers. :D

ryst

Post by ryst » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:49 pm

It's about time! I'm glad to see someone here who is "excited" about Live 4. I know there are others out there but this forum is drowning in a sess pool of negative threads. Anyway, Live 4 has also changed everything for me. I am using DP for only one thing now. Surround sound. That's it. And I am sure Live will have this feature in the future. Amazing software!

Sheridan

Post by Sheridan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:53 pm

ryst wrote:It's about time! I'm glad to see someone here who is "excited" about Live 4. I know there are others out there but this forum is drowning in a sess pool of negative threads. Anyway, Live 4 has also changed everything for me. I am using DP for only one thing now. Surround sound. That's it. And I am sure Live will have this feature in the future. Amazing software!
Nice! I've been sort of backtracking looking at the astounding pace of evolution with Live and I have no doubt that stuff like Surround, Mastering Tools, etc. will appear sooner than we can imagine. I'm in it for the long haul with this tool. :wink:

tfl309

Post by tfl309 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:00 pm

I feel compelled to join in - LIVE 4 is THE GREATEST DAW to date, and I've used them all for at least 6 months at a time.

Mididreamer

Agree

Post by Mididreamer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:30 pm

Just started to remix music. Sonar and Cubase are not that easy to get fast good results. Glad I won Ableton software during a remix contest. Hopefully Ableton wil start a contest as well. (e.g. http://www.acidplanet.com/contests/lavelle)

Enjoy every day more and more Ableton 4.0.1

Cheers! :D
Live Sonar Cubase Project 5v2 Record/Reason FL Zero SL Oxygen8V2 NT1-A Rode Sennheiser HD590 FW-1884 System Q9550 8 GB 1066 Windows 7
Musictitbits http://www.mididreamer.com/documents/discography.html

the ar

Post by the ar » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:46 pm

I love this kinda topics.
It put me in such a good mood that I came up with this little groovy house loop that could be used for a short Live tv commercial. :D

siddhu

must agree

Post by siddhu » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:06 pm

Have to agree that the speed of Live's evolution is astounding.

However I am truly amazed at all the whiny complaining threads about Live 4.0 (especially by DJs, and no I don't want to start a flame war 8O)

Rather than trying to emulate hardware like most other softs, Live has boldy gone into unchartred territory which is what makes it so fantastic for both production and live performance.

I used to hate to work with midi with other DAWs, but Live 4 makes it FUN, and that is what it's all about :lol:

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:43 pm

Amen, Live 4 is the schizznit