Toshiba and Soundcard problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xxxmorphicxxx

Toshiba and Soundcard problem

Post by xxxmorphicxxx » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

So I have a Toshiba Satellite, and I've loved it up to this point. Everything has been great.

WHen I use ASIO4ALL i have no problems. When I try to use my Xiosynth as a sound card, it locks up after 10-15 minutes. I have the most updated Novation drivers.

I know it's not Lives problem because I have the same problem in VDJ Pro.

In BOTH cases, when it locks up, if I select a different soundcard (ASIO4ALL or nothing), then go BACK to the Xiosynth, it will work again, but lock up in another 10-15 minutes.

It appears that it's the Toshiba, or the Xiosynth. Any ideas?

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am

this won't help you, but my toshiba satellite a100 never pleased me, at the point that I bought a macbook 5 month later.

the internal soundcard is crap, video drivers really strange with some games, impossible to install a soundcard EMU PCMPCIA, the usb port in connection with a virsu Ti used as soundcard propagated parasites even through the virus analog outs... :cry:

I said it won't help you, sorry about that, but it seems the satellite doesn't like synths used as soundcards :wink:

I wish you a good luck anyway, sorry for the lack of help ! :wink:

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 am

toshiba can burn in hell

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am

i forgot to say I had even problems with dvd player !!! 4 times I take it back to revision, last time they only installed another dvd player software...

I use it to play games now... (if the video ATI drivers + direct X combo works with the game, that is not always the case), and do internet surfing. ah, and DVD watch.

burn in hell toshiba :evil:

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Have you tried disabling your onboard sound in the BIOS before switching to the Xiosynth? If not, give it a shot, might be some sort of conflict going on there.