DJ programs that ReWire into Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mesaboogiewes

DJ programs that ReWire into Live?

Post by mesaboogiewes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Does this exist....and if so - is it possible on 1 laptop?

and my other question is this:

say I have a laptop running ableton and a DJ program - say...traktor - that is NOT rewire compatible - but i have a sound card that has multiple outs...could I set traktor to output deck 1 to out 5-6 and deck 2 to 6-7 - and then take those right back into the same soundcard via out to in - to use/mix/effect in ableton?
2.16 Ghz MacBook, M-Audio Firewire 410, Live 6, Sampler, Reason 4, BFD, Melodyne cre8, M-Audio O2, Micro Korg

xxxmorphicxxx

Post by xxxmorphicxxx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:08 am

The only one I know of for sure is Deckadance by the makers of fruity loops, Image-Line. It rewires, and I've heard great things about it. I use Virtual DJ - it's rock solid, and very easy to use. I plan on giving deckadance a try soon for the rewire capability.

ReasonliveUSER

Post by ReasonliveUSER » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:39 am

check out m-audio's Torq.
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=pro ... mily&ID=dj

its rewire compatible however you can't scratch the torq timecoded vinyl in rewire mode. but it allows me to run along side of ableton running a sound card for each program without rewire. I use a interface called the connectiv for torq routing audio out into my interface for ableton in order to scratch and record it in ableton. IMO, the GUI is a little hard on the eyes. but I like how it has midi learn for mapping and assigning your keyboard and/or controller to torq's commands and buttons, and knobs.
http://therightbros.blogspot.com
Computer: 2.16Ghz Intel core 2 Duo 17''Imac w/ 500gb internal HD 3gigs of ram on Snow Leopard
Software: Ableton Live 8 Suite & Propellerhead Reason 5
Storage: 5x OWC Mercury Elite 1TB HD
M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

PoSiTiVeFloW

Re: DJ programs that ReWire into Live?

Post by PoSiTiVeFloW » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 am

It's 4-5 years later and this gap has still not been filled by the industry. The biggest missing link is Ableton + DJ Software compatibility (Torq had it via Rewire, but is gone now & Deckadance doesn't get supported or updated controllers). I refuse to buy a Rane box for the Bridge (unneeded overpriced hardware, when I already have a Numark NS6, AKAI APC40, and PreSonus FireStudio).

Considering the the Bridge was supposed to be released for Itch, but they pulled it, this is a double whammy, I went from my Numark NS6 having Torq and Serato Itch as options to get me directly linked to Live, but now.... this 5-year old gap in software returns.

Re: DJ programs that ReWire into Live?

Post by 102455 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 am

PoSiTiVeFloW wrote:It's 4-5 years later and this gap has still not been filled by the industry.
Virtual DJ has been ReWire capable since 2010. It also has a MIDI clock out, so you can sync external (or even internal via LoopBe or similar) MIDI devices.