The Fratellis - Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonny72

The Fratellis - Live

Post by jonny72 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:32 am

I saw the Fratellis play at my local leisure centre the other day. Easily the worst performance I've ever seen by a band - I've never seen a big group make mistakes (I noticed a few blatant fuck ups) or have equipment go pete tong in the middle of a set. They ended up playing a 5 minute intro to Chelsea Dagger whilst one of the guitarists tried to figure out what the fuck was up with his guitar.

What did surprise me was them using a Soundcraft mixer which based on the prices at DV247 would have set them back around £50k. The venue only holds 3,000 and it wasn't full so at £20 a ticket the mixer cost more than the door money. Seems kind of over kill to me.

I saw the Kooks there a few months back and they pissed all over the Fratellis. I saw Nouvelle Vague a few months before that and they pissed all over both of them.

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:38 am

All the footage i have seen of them has been along those lines.. they look awful. Overrated band. They played a festival over here and they were being really idiots and demanding hot food on their rider and then weren't going to play unless they got some, then when the organisers finally gave in and got some, they just had a food fight with it.

I don't get them, they are just chas and dave with electric guitars.
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

duluxdog

Post by duluxdog » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:23 am

Pub-rock band