audio problem with live4

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
estereofonico

audio problem with live4

Post by estereofonico » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:38 am

hi...im new here btw....

ive been having this little problem that about every hour live just glitches and stops the sound output for about 1-3 sec. , i know it isnt the soundcard cuz i have cheked,

i am running live on a ibook g4 1.7GHz, 512Ram, 40G internal Hard drive (27 of them are free), 160G firewire hard drive w/2mb cache
my soundcard is an audiophile...and im running OSX Panther (10.3.6)

if anyone cnan help me out id be very thankfull :)
-------
Peace
:)

DJ VAKIS

Audio problem

Post by DJ VAKIS » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:39 am

I have the same problem.When I play a song for the first time,about 1min time and always at the same time audio stops for 3 seconds.
The second time if i play the song its not problem,all ok.But i have litle gliches.
PB G4 667Mhz.Ram512.OSX Panther.Hammerfall DSP RME audio card.Live4.04.External hard disc Firewire.Oxigen8.GENELEC monitors.
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.

estereofonico

Post by estereofonico » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:26 pm

hmm..i cheked that other thread talking about the same problem...cheked my core audio drivers...and theyre ok...cheked my audiophile drivers..theyre updated....still have that glitch.... :?
-------
Peace

estereofonico

Post by estereofonico » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:41 pm

no one can help??

ive been e-mailing ableton but they wont answer...
fucking pricks
-------
Peace

jedsounds

chill

Post by jedsounds » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:59 pm

hi estereophonico, that's cool you're a new Live user. Sorry Ableton hasn't gotten back to you, but I can tell you one thing they are not, which is fucking pricks. They're a small company with limited resources who make the best audio software and have a lot on their table as a result.

I gurantee they in fact are on it. I've been on Live since 1.0, and they've always been far more on it than any other company I know of.

Regardless, chill out - you're not bashing Steinberg here, you're bashing a bunch of musicians and programmers who are working their asses off, I can tell you that for sure. And most folks around here who have been around awhile really frown upon people who show up in the Live community and start throwing tantrums and cussing out the Ableton's. Not that you're obligated to anyone as you are a paying user of Live like all of us, but just so you know.

Like you said - Peace. :D
G5 Dual 2.5 2 gig RAM OS 10.3.4
G4 867 Titanium 512 RAM OS 10.3.3

estereofonico

Post by estereofonico » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:04 am

my bad then....i apologize...but still...they should atleast send out an e-mail saying that theyre on it, or that they will adress this issue(s) with the next update or whatever...
-------
Peace

ulidjan

Post by ulidjan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:43 pm

i have the same problem with live 4.04
i use 4.03 instead.

i know that they are working on it....
but it seems to be a tricky bug...

best

u
computer: laptop powerbook g4, 667Mhz, 768 MB
Live version: Live 4.1
Native Instruments Komplete 2
soundcard: motu 828mk2
midi-interface: uc 33 / motu 828mk2
mikrokorg
e-guitar & various analog guitar fx boxes

sniffio

no no firewire

Post by sniffio » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:18 pm

this happened when i was using the firewire interface.
check my post below.
it really helped me.

I use RME multiface now.
No glitches with 0-1 latency.

I had glitches everytime with my motu 828mk2.

post below, check it out

crunchpod

Re: audio problem with live4

Post by crunchpod » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:11 am

estereofonico wrote: ive been having this little problem that about every hour live just glitches and stops the sound output for about 1-3 sec. , i know it isnt the soundcard cuz i have cheked,
I'm using Live on a 1.25 ghz G4 PowerBook and I too was getting the glitches when I was using Live 4.x with my M-Audio FireWire 410 soundcard. I went back and tried the combination of every 4.x update of Live with the 410 card and had the same results... a glitch anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes in to using Live.

I also tried defragging the internal HD for the PowerBook and running all of my samples and clips via a FireWire drive (to see if the 7200 RPM speed helped)... and nothing. Still got the glitches.

I tried using the PowerBook's internal sound card and magically I was able to play on Live for over 2 hours without any sound drop out whatsoever.

At least in my case, it seems to be an issue with the 410's drivers (and yes, I'm using the most current ones) not playing well with Live 4.x. I've used the 410 for anything from Reason to DVD/Video editing and even just simple things like iTunes playback and other general use purposes and have never experienced the glitch after hours and hours of usage. So, it really does seem to be a problem between Live and certain soundcards.

Thankfully, I can get away with the loss of latency in using the internal card for live performances (I had the glitch happen at my last two shows at really inopportune times), but I realize many others can't go this route.

I haven't tried the "super fix" that was posted elsewhere on this forum as I haven't had the time to invest in that yet, but maybe that will work for you?

by-pass

Post by by-pass » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:29 am

estereofonico:
The abletons crew are nice people .-)

but I have the same pratically the same pro , with my m-audio audiophile, heavy cpu charge , glitch or drop out....with large live session ..
and when I use the same session without the m-audio ( with the internal
card or with the remote 25) the cpu charge is 25-45 % less and all work as well .....

I go to sales my card at this time , and maybe buy one rme.
.-)

Fil
--> for info: http://www.music0films.info
--> Material:
  • Macpro, Yamaha 01X, APC 40, Novation Nocturn 25 , Ableton Live + Max4live + Serato Scratch Live
  • Macbook pro, RME multiface, Korg nanoPAD, nanoKeys, Ableton Live + Max4live

4am

m-audio

Post by 4am » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:10 pm

hi,

i'm running live 4.04 with a m-audio mobile pre usb interface.
and i have also experienced the same problems with the sound stopping during the shows.
i have searched in many forums and found that m-audio users encounter more problems than others.
i've heard, from musicians that did not have the sound stopped during shows, good feedback of the rme interfaces.
i think i will try one of them on my laptop, also because i'm tired of loosing time in thousands of tests