lives new authorization scheme, stump the crackers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

by all the scientific research done by the evil white race they can´t be really that ignorant.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
Willyum wrote:Yo, at first I was getting all mad like "What's this racist shit" Cause even though I'm black, I get pissed off at racist remarks from either side of the fence.
you mean the Jew stuff? you know I'm completely not serious. I'm white, we are the most ignorant of all races for sure.
He meant the title of your thread having the slur "Cracker" in it. You silly cracker.
Unsound Designer

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 pm

The firewall thing might just be because I'm white as well. It always messes with us crackers!

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 am

stringtapper wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:
Willyum wrote:Yo, at first I was getting all mad like "What's this racist shit" Cause even though I'm black, I get pissed off at racist remarks from either side of the fence.
you mean the Jew stuff? you know I'm completely not serious. I'm white, we are the most ignorant of all races for sure.
He meant the title of your thread having the slur "Cracker" in it. You silly cracker.
sorry, I was being ignorant :)
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 am

The more obstacles they put up, the less incentive there is for crackers to rip stuff off. There are no working cracks of cubase 4 until recently, 2 years after release and only the C4 STudio version *the lite version* is near fully functional. SX3 was the last Cubase cracked (took them 9 months), and those are pretty flaky by all accounts, with some functions not working and others making the whole thing go 'poof' (esp. samplerate changes).

I don't want to say go down the dongle route, but maybe something else can do something to deter it.

BTW - I own Live and Cubase legitimately, serial codes, unlock codes and dongles galore. This is what I've read on the Cubase forum and on the web.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 am

I owned SX3 legitimately (since VST2.4) and used the crack so I wouldn't have to carry a stupid dongle. :lol: If Cubase 4 is cracked finally, perhaps it's time I look into finally upgrading to Cubase 4 legitimately too.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:15 am

lots of authorization schemes that use an unlock file have been cracked, although it seems to getting rare. They cracked sylenth but haven't cracked max 5, for example. I'm buying live 8 regardless, but if they do end up cracking it I might end up using the cracked version just to avoid the hassle of requesting authorization files and having the program constantly calling home. way better than a goddamn dongle though, that shit is way gay. i dont want to crowd my already overloaded usb ports and chains of hubs with useless crap just to get authorization to use a piece of software. not cool

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:21 am

Geezus wrote:lots of authorization schemes that use an unlock file have been cracked, although it seems to getting rare. They cracked sylenth but haven't cracked max 5, for example. I'm buying live 8 regardless, but if they do end up cracking it I might end up using the cracked version just to avoid the hassle of requesting authorization files and having the program constantly calling home. way better than a goddamn dongle though, that shit is way gay. i dont want to crowd my already overloaded usb ports and chains of hubs with useless crap just to get authorization to use a piece of software. not cool
nobody gives a fuck what you think. youve already openly stated you have pirated Live, so why would anyone think youre going to pay for it now? its pretty rich for you to talk about authorisation hassles when youve never even paid for it in the first place.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 am

I absolutely hate dongals but if they actually made a dongel useful it could change everything, as in one that plugs into a usb port a gives you a usb hub on the back, instead of just wasting space why don't they make it a tool that helps and secures copy protection at the same time?

we all seem to eventually run out of usb ports anyway?

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:24 am

adventurepants_ wrote:its pretty rich for you to talk about authorisation hassles when youve never even paid for it in the first place.

hell shut up and go to the church.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:27 am

xh9o wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:its pretty rich for you to talk about authorisation hassles when youve never even paid for it in the first place.

hell shut up and go to the church.
hey get back to work troll. you havent finished digging your ditch in the analog v digital thread yet.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:28 am

adventurepants_ wrote: hey get back to work troll. you havent finished digging your ditch in the analog v digital thread yet.

doctor xh9o´s rating: 3/20 possible valiums.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:33 am

when youve finished digging, can you post your street address?

Id like to come over and help myself to any equipment you might have.

I personally have no problems bypassing DRM with a crack on software that Ive legitimately bought. But to complain about it without even buying the software is just super lame.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:32 am

adventurepants_ wrote:when youve finished digging, can you post your street address?

I personally have no problems bypassing DRM with a crack on software that Ive legitimately bought. But to complain about it without even buying the software is just super lame.
its perfectly legitimate to bitch about a authorization scheme before you buy the product. I dont have to buy cubase 4 to think that dongles suck. I dont have to buy live 8 to think that having to request permission to authorize my copy after the nth time would be annoying. I didnt have to buy any music cds from Sony to think that their scheme to install hidden DRM software on my computer was a shitty thing to do.

so kindly take your butthurt moralfag rage somewhere else please.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:01 am

Geezus wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:when youve finished digging, can you post your street address?

its perfectly legitimate to bitch about a authorization scheme before you buy the product. I dont have to buy cubase 4 to think that dongles suck. I dont have to buy live 8 to think that having to request permission to authorize my copy after the nth time would be annoying. I didnt have to buy any music cds from Sony to think that their scheme to install hidden DRM software on my computer was a shitty thing to do.

so kindly take your butthurt moralfag rage somewhere else please.
oh thats rich failbitch. you have moral angst about Sonys rootkit DRM when you had no intention of buying their CDs, just like you have no intention of buying Live, because you can get away with it. Thats fine, live your life but youre going to get a pasting when you come here looking for support and think that paid customers may be slightly interested in your asinine views.