They Just Cant Hack Live!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Meef Chaloin

Re: They Just Cant Hack Live!

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:i heard that too, but i dont belive that one.... :lol:
I beleive it's certainly possible...that's how I came to buy live & i know a few others as well. What better way to get people to buy your software? Get them hooked and then prevent them using the crack all of a sudden. Could be very clever business initiative.

How else is it explainable that the crack suddenly stops working a few months in to using it? I've never heard of any other cracks doing that

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Maybe this is the LOPPER feature actually disclosed by accident in L8b18?
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:15 pm

:lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

before

Post by before » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Sorry xzusa but there are perfectly working cracked versions out there, therefore this thread = fail ^_^ you can have your pride though :mrgreen:
Last edited by before on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 am

The working cracked versions all FAIL after some time. And when yours goes down, it won't be pretty ....

Demoing a program using a torrent is one thing (although Ableton now give you a fully functional demo for 14 days, which is enough time to get into it, either you get it's concepts and love it within a few days or it frustrates you and you get something with a simpler learning curve, but which has less depth, like FL Studio).

Coming on this forum and moaning about bugs with your hacked version is something else. It's like a burglar going back to the scene of a crime and saying to the victim 'We like this 50 inch LCD TV we nicked from you a lot, but we forgot to steal the manual, so we're having a heck of a time setting it up - you couldn't go and get us the manual and give it to us could you?? - In those circumstances most people would think the thief is entitled to receive a good smackdown, yet people come up with laughable excuses as to why 'it's different' when it comes to computer software. Nope, it's the same. Stop being so bloody cheap and buy the product if you like your torrent. End of.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 am

I know loads of ppl runnin live 7.0.3 AiR without ANY problems.

I wasn't havin any issues either, some time ago.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Everyone's 'crack' is working fine ... until it no longer does. In the meantime, these people are probably running computers full of malware and viruses and don't even know it ... And given the amount of people on here who are having problems with 7.0.3. who are known to be running the crack, it goes to show you that the hackers can never get 100% functionality and stability in the program - you may not have noticed it yet, because you might not have used the functions which cause the problem.

Anyway, rather than congratulating these people, give them all a good smack on the head and may karma come and screw up their machines - or may the Abes find out who they are and take them to court. So many smug people boasting about using cracks on here is nauseating. Maybe it's time for Ableton to do a Cubase forum and require all users to register their serial and unlock codes to use the forum.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:49 pm

leedsquietman wrote:The working cracked versions all FAIL after some time.
This doesn't make much sense to me. Why would cracks fail after a time delay? If the crack is buggy, it will be buggy from the start - not after it works perfectly fine for a few months. No?

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't know the intricacies of why it works that way, but given the many threads on this forum and elsewhere, this is typically the case. Maybe because the crack was based upon a demo version, or the Abes find out which serial codes are being abused and lock them down.

Anyway, people using cracks is a reality of life and some people may eventually go legit and buy, in which case, it's not so bad, but while they are doing something illegal, you would think they'd be keeping a low profile and not brazenly admitting in that software company's official forum that they are running a ripped off version. That is just madness to me, and given how easy it is to trace these posts, I'm surprised that the Abes aren't doing more to track down the warez users and challenge them on it. They probably can't afford to do it because they can't hire the computer guy or legal aid to do it, because of the lost revenue from the amount of warez users who are too cheap to pay !!!! :roll:

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:14 pm

leedsquietman wrote:I don't know the intricacies of why it works that way, but given the many threads on this forum and elsewhere, this is typically the case. Maybe because the crack was based upon a demo version, or the Abes find out which serial codes are being abused and lock them down.
I guess the serial number idea could be a reason. For the problems with cracks, I think it is most likely because the same bugs were present in the legit version as well (say 7.0.3). The legit version numbers have gone up and the bugs were fixed, while the cracks remain a few version numbers behind.
leedsquietman wrote:Anyway, people using cracks is a reality of life and some people may eventually go legit and buy, in which case, it's not so bad, but while they are doing something illegal, you would think they'd be keeping a low profile and not brazenly admitting in that software company's official forum that they are running a ripped off version.
Agreed.

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Da hand wrote:
This doesn't make much sense to me. Why would cracks fail after a time delay? If the crack is buggy, it will be buggy from the start - not after it works perfectly fine for a few months. No?
it's because he's making it up.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:13 pm

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1 ... 1236824588

re:the Air crack
Judging from the reactions on audionews.ru, this release seems to have a big problem (copy violation message showing after 5 minutes of use). Some say this release should be nuked.
Usually very very satisfied with AiR-Releases but yes indeed: after 5 minutes a window pops up “Copy Violation Identified, please contact: support@ableton.com
This is stuff I found from crack friendly sites after 2 minutes of googling.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it ...

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 pm

there's an issue with control surfaces in the cracks as well

aMUSEd

Post by aMUSEd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Da hand wrote:
From what I know (from discussion with various audio software developers who use similar schemes) the crack checking is built in at all levels including livesets and addons and uses multiple systems as well as an online check (e.g. crc check, blacklists etc) so even if it works for a while installing an addon or opening a project from a different version can activate the copy protection. It's a neat system really - there are cracks around sure as people have said but none of the more recent ones are flawless so it weeds out the collectors who rarely really use it (and probably run less risk of activating the copy protection) from the people who use it regularly and end up buying it just to get a fully reliable version.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:13 pm

M's version 7 fixes wacom tablet support on the mac platform and has been reported to be running solid for at least the last 8 months.