Separation At Aquilis - have some psychedelic dub techno!

Share your tracks with other users.
chis

Separation At Aquilis - have some psychedelic dub techno!

Post by chis » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:38 am

Hello Ableton fans

I posted some tunes to this forum a few months ago, and only had some iffy myspace streams to give you. I've since refined my sound and upped a few tracks to Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/casimirs-blake

... including my newest piece "Separation At Aquilis". It's kinda an attempt to give dub techno a f*cking good kick up its complaceant arse, and is not the dull mid-tempo pish that certain "high-profile" dub techno producers put out...

Drums are a healthy mix of 808, 909, MFB and other sounds; and apart from one sound on "Edge of Venatici", all sounds are created by myself, with hardware synths.

I'd appreciate your comments, I hope my sound has improved.

Cheers,

-CasiB.

chis

Re: Separation At Aquilis - have some psychedelic dub techno!

Post by chis » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 pm

bump anyone? 8)

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Nice track but seemed a little too pretty to be techno maybe? Prog house or trance came to mind for me, and I didn't really get a dub feeling out of it either, personally. But again, I'm a techno head but not really hip to the "dub techno" scene.

ps. don't get me wrong, that's not dissing your work. It was a pretty nice track, just not so much to my personal tastes.

Limeforadime

Post by Limeforadime » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:35 pm

Your songs are amazing! Really ethereal sound

chis

Post by chis » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Thanks guys, and thanks for the insight Smutek. :) Melodic dub trance then? (It's not obvious, no, but I'm a sucker for piling on lots of filters on sounds at once, as well as using automated delay... big dub influence) I don't know what to call it, but it's what I make. :|