maxpat extension opening

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
tiago_vla

maxpat extension opening

Post by tiago_vla » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 pm

there are some stuff related with "*.maxpat" devices opening in maxforlive that you should take a look at:

for an instance, you should have the possibility of maxforlive to recognize the maxpat extension, so that you can go to a browser, and for an instance, to drop a max patch directly to your environment/live set

take a look at considering it aside all which is around it (maxpat file opening issues), because i think that it is an extremely relevant issue..

greets

Gregory Taylor

Re: maxpat extension opening

Post by Gregory Taylor » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:56 pm

As the filenames might suggest, a max patch (*.maxpat) and a M4L device (*.amxd) are two completely different beasts as far as loading into Live is concerned. If you own Max, you can always open the file from within the Max edit window.

There are no plans to support dropping Max patches into a Live set as you describe - from our point of view, they're two different things (you can't open .amxd files from within Max, either).

tiago_vla

Re: maxpat extension opening

Post by tiago_vla » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 pm

thanks.. I just thought It would be useful.. by the philosophy of programming in maxforlive is a bit different than maxmsp, as I am realising