Post your beer and associated gut

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alex.the.forge

Re: Post your beer and associated gut

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Where the christ is the Princess Louise? I work in holborn..shall visit.[/quote]

it's on that map near kingsway

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh yeah... I never go down that way, but i do go to the Cittie of Yorke, up the other end of HH, quite a bit.

Sam Smiths pubs are extra strange, it's coming back to me now, becasue they have no other brand name drinks in at all. no Coke, some other generic Cola, their own brand gin and whisky and peach schnapps and everything. but they do have a mean Wheat Beer too and a tasty lunch served by tasty antipodean wenches for £5.99.

The lager is grim though...Alpine Lager they call it. :lol:

Splendid place.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 pm

UKRuss wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote:AHA! Guff tong is Warminstrel!
Guff Tong wrote:[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g305/warminstrel/homeless-bums-tramps41.gif[
I discovered that because I was going to make some kind of joke about you taking my picture without my permission and noticed the URL instead
Well spotted sir! Bring back Warminstrel!
I was waiting for someone to recognise my voice but it seems that HTML is my ditinguishing feature!

...Been taking a new musical direction of late which caused for some existential 'pruning'.

I now consider my Warminstrel learning phaze as pupal stage..

Mind you Warminstrel may well be a good label name in the future...

......Got the nexus of a live Dubstep band going now, all from my area (West Wilts) around same age (35-40 somethings) - Got a pukka established old skool drum and bass / hardcore MC thats not too in the face and will soon be educated in beat repeat and contrlerism..., great guitarist that cut his teeth paying live with a hardhouse crew and and a robot drummer with a nice pearl/TD6 set-up, all fortunatly old rave-heads as well so hope fully pull some twisted shit rather than power chords and endless drum solo's. Currently looking for a proper tight bass player, rare as hens teeth round here it would appear....

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Guff Tong wrote:I was waiting for someone to recognise my voice but it seems that HTML is my ditinguishing feature!

...Been taking a new musical direction of late which caused for some existential 'pruning'.

I now consider my Warminstrel learning phaze as pupal stage..

Mind you Warminstrel may well be a good label name in the future...

......Got the nexus of a live Dubstep band going now, all from my area (West Wilts) around same age (35-40 somethings) - Got a pukka established old skool drum and bass / hardcore MC thats not too in the face and will soon be educated in beat repeat and contrlerism..., great guitarist that cut his teeth paying live with a hardhouse crew and and a robot drummer with a nice pearl/TD6 set-up, all fortunatly old rave-heads as well so hope fully pull some twisted shit rather than power chords and endless drum solo's. Currently looking for a proper tight bass player, rare as hens teeth round here it would appear....
Are you on Wiltshire Introducing tonight?

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:43 pm

SubFunk wrote:
ethios4 wrote:My fave brew....
oh yeah, that one is good!

i like generally cloudy hefe weizen beers. they are fantastic in the summer.
Me 3 - this is my fave Hefeweizen! Such a great flavor.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I had a nice message from them on Myspaz...

Said they liked my tunes....Asked what, if any Wiltshire music connections I have...

dropped a few local names of mates bands/etc from my immediate locale but not heard anything else back as yet.....

Dont listen to the show tbh and annoyingly was putting Warminstrel to bed for while....

Great timing eh?! :P

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Guff Tong wrote:......Got the nexus of a live Dubstep band going now, all from my area (West Wilts) around same age (35-40 somethings) - Got a pukka established old skool drum and bass / hardcore MC thats not too in the face and will soon be educated in beat repeat and contrlerism..., great guitarist that cut his teeth paying live with a hardhouse crew and and a robot drummer with a nice pearl/TD6 set-up, all fortunatly old rave-heads as well so hope fully pull some twisted shit rather than power chords and endless drum solo's. Currently looking for a proper tight bass player, rare as hens teeth round here it would appear....
Dubstep is all about the 40 somethings. Been a-dabbling myself, much fun.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Guff Tong wrote:I had a nice message from them on Myspaz...

Said they liked my tunes....Asked what, if any Wiltshire music connections I have...

dropped a few local names of mates bands/etc from my immediate locale but not heard anything else back as yet.....

Dont listen to the show tbh and annoyingly was putting Warminstrel to bed for while....

Great timing eh?! :P
Nor do I, just they send me a message every Thursday telling me what's on. Just I'm used to it being people I see around Swindon, not people off here. Still don't listen whenever they've played my stuff haha.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:30 pm

contakt321 wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
ethios4 wrote:My fave brew....
oh yeah, that one is good!

i like generally cloudy hefe weizen beers. they are fantastic in the summer.
Me 3 - this is my fave Hefeweizen! Such a great flavor.
I didn't like beer until I had this one! I'll always remember getting off the train in Munich and being greeted by a giant sized version of the Franziskaner monk in the train station. :D

labrat51

Post by labrat51 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:04 pm

some good beers to try, and where to try them.

belgium :

trappistes rochefort ( 8 )
chimay ( white - tripel)
tripel karmeliet
orval
bush
mort subite kriek or geueze
barbar ( made with honey apparently )
duvel

all of the above can be enjoyed with a strong cheese

holland :

hertog jan
hoegaarden
oranjeboom

germany :

schofferhoffer
paulaner
warsteiner
berliner kindl
franziskaner
erdinger

austria:

gosser gold
wiezelburger
urbock 23 ( or is it 28? )

france ( believe it or not they have good beer )

chti
3 monts
jenlain blonde
goudale

russia:

baltika numbers 3 through 9

czech republik:

budvar
staropramen granat
pilsner urquell
velvet

i'll let someone else fill in the UK as i haven't been there for a while.

all the beers mentioned above are very varied, and serve different occasions throughout the year.

this 'll make you sick though, the drink i got into most when visiting the states was 'olde english 40 malt liquor', that stuff is lush!!!!! its gotta go worldwide, where can i find it in europe?????

wonder how much to get it sent over.....hmmmmmmm

labrat51

Post by labrat51 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:05 pm

oh, by the way , if drinking at home, don't forget to rinse your glasses and leave them in the freezer for 20 minutes before serving, it makes ALL the difference

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:20 pm

labrat51 wrote:this 'll make you sick though, the drink i got into most when visiting the states was 'olde english 40 malt liquor', that stuff is lush!!!!! its gotta go worldwide, where can i find it in europe?????
OE! 8-ball! Ahh, sippin on 40 ounces!

evon

Re: The I don't like beer thread

Post by evon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:guinness is freaking one of the most disgusting beers ever...and sam adams boston loger...fucking hate those beers
Guiness is a man's drink..not for girlies.
Red Stripe Lite is a lot easier taste to cultivate.
fe real!

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:12 pm

UKRuss wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:......Got the nexus of a live Dubstep band going now, all from my area (West Wilts) around same age (35-40 somethings) - Got a pukka established old skool drum and bass / hardcore MC thats not too in the face and will soon be educated in beat repeat and contrlerism..., great guitarist that cut his teeth paying live with a hardhouse crew and and a robot drummer with a nice pearl/TD6 set-up, all fortunatly old rave-heads as well so hope fully pull some twisted shit rather than power chords and endless drum solo's. Currently looking for a proper tight bass player, rare as hens teeth round here it would appear....
Dubstep is all about the 40 somethings. Been a-dabbling myself, much fun.
omg lol it is isn't it

just realized allot of my friends are 30-40 something beer loving dubstep freaks lol

udp

Post by udp » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 am

Currently drinking my own Honey Imperial IPA. At 10% abv. and 126 IBUs, she packs quite a punch! Some advice for drinking beer: Always drink ale at cellar temperature, any colder and you'll quash many of the flavors. Drink from a glass, less bloating. When you pour into said glass, pour down the middle and wait for it to settle, less gas, therefore less bloating. Drink Lagers at 45 degrees F. Colder is refreshing, but will crush any malt flavor. Finally, don't drink cheap beers, drink quality beers, that are freshly brewed. In other words drink locally brewed beers. As for messing you up? I guarantee that 4 schooners of my Imperial will do the trick and not cause a hangover. Hangovers come from preservatives and adjuncts like corn or rice.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com