http://ninthagenda.com/

the_antagonist

Re: New ambient noise song up - "event horizon"

Post by the_antagonist » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm

anything called event horizon demands listening

TechLo

Post by TechLo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Suffers from overlap, imo, as all of the elements are drones, they end up obscuring each other. Could be your intended or generative goal, of course, but I would've liked some shorter sounds to add interest. My 2 cents from across the West Hills in Beaverton.

AaronShaver

Post by AaronShaver » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:42 am

TechLo wrote:Suffers from overlap, imo, as all of the elements are drones, they end up obscuring each other. Could be your intended or generative goal, of course, but I would've liked some shorter sounds to add interest. My 2 cents from across the West Hills in Beaverton.
No, you're absolutely right. I was thinking the same thing for some of my tracks, and I've been trying to get away from a purely drone/noise style lately. My latest track, "galactic halo", is a bit more beat-oriented, using Ableton's sweet Beat Repeat feature. It definitely is partially intentional. I'm a big fan of drone music, stuff I can play in the background while I read the web, stuff that doesn't demand too much of my attention. But you're right that I should think about adding interest to the tracks as well by breaking things up, throwing in some non-drone elements once in awhile.

Cool to see someone else from the Portland area!